Ebay...Beware seller Stevescustom1971

Gen II doesnt require a bracket. There is a slot or "machined recess" on the extenstion where the rear brake fits. It's pretty obvious where it needs to go when you are putting everything back on. AllThingsChrome.net has a pretty good walk thru of the installation. If you run into trouble just youtube it.

Yeah... thats just it. There isnt a slot on this guys extention. STILL has not responded to me. Waste of money.

You gotta be sh__ing me??!!!! I just received my package on Thursday...extension blocks, extended cables and new chain..i thought something was off because the chain wasn't in a box as advertised, just in plastic....

This is Steve from Stevescustom1971, All our hayabusa kits come with the 530 chain 9750 tensile strength. We used to sell the EK ZVX2 and the EK ZZZ, the problem was NO one wanted to pay extra for the EK chain. That is why we offer it with the KMC. We also sell the Extension and brake line together, so people can buy what ever chain they want. My shop is just outside Nashville , TN. Anyone who wants to come in and check out the quality the we take in machining our parts can do so. All our parts are made from the highest quality T6 6061 aluminum from American mills, not foreign. Call us anytime 615-389-1866.

This is Steve from Stevescustom1971, All our hayabusa kits come with the 530 chain 9750 tensile strength. We used to sell the EK ZVX2 and the EK ZZZ, the problem was NO one wanted to pay extra for the EK chain. That is why we offer it with the KMC. We also sell the Extension and brake line together, so people can buy what ever chain they want. My shop is just outside Nashville , TN. Anyone who wants to come in and check out the quality the we take in machining our parts can do so. All our parts are made from the highest quality T6 6061 aluminum from American mills, not foreign. Call us anytime 615-389-1866.

Hi Steve,
Welcome and thanks for trying to clear some of this up.
I’m still not clear on the chain specs. You say the specs are 9750 tensile. Can you point us to some manufacturer documentation of those specifications? In the searches I have made, I can only find manufacturer specs from KMC showing one 530 chain. It is a 530UO the same part series you are advertising. It shows a “minimum tensile strength” of 3900ksf and an “average tensile strength” of 4450ksf. My calculations show that to equal min 7987psf and average 9914psf.
I’m also somewhat confused as to the chain maker’s specs. I’m not sure how far back the saying goes, but “A chain is only as strong as its weakest link” is very true. So if only one link of this chain is at the minimum spec of 7987psf it is a chain most manufactures will limit to 600-650cc. (EK SRO and SRX series have a 8000psi rating on their 520 series chains and show a 650 cc limit. RK pretty much shows 8500 chain up to 750cc which is what KMC show their 530UO is rated at.

The only place I can seem to find it advertised as 9750 tensile is in your ebay ads.
Your ad for the Hayabusa extensions also list it as “top of the line” and “best chain available” and “Quadra-o ring” I am very familiar with a “Quadra-X Ring”, but I have never heard of a “Quadra-o ring”. Can you explain what a “Quadra-o ring” chain is? You said you used to sell it with the EK ZVX2 and the EK ZZZ. Since you have experience with both, can you expand on your claims that the KMC you are now including is “top of the line” and “best chain available”? In my experience the RK GWX, EK ZZZ, EK ZVX2, Tsubaki Sigma, and DID ZVM-X are pretty much “top of the line” and I haven’t seen anything to place a KMC in that category.
Please expand.

Guys,

Let’s please keep this tightly on topic, preferably to those involved or those that add documentable information. There has been enough opinions thrown out already.

I’d like to give Steve the opportunity to clarify it without it looking like the “Salem Witch Trials” process that often occurs here.

Last edited:
You gotta be sh__ing me??!!!! I just received my package on Thursday...extension blocks, extended cables and new chain..i thought something was off because the chain wasn't in a box as advertised, just in plastic....

Dont stess bro the blocks and the brakeline work fine. The chain worked fine when I had it on it just stretched ALOT. I just went and bought a new EK ZVX2 150 Link 530 pitch Chrome Chain for $160 from BallZMotorsports and couldnt be happier. I been a customer before I even joined the .org. They are a sponsor for the .org by the way. I used the Motion Pro chain tool to put it on. I am completely happy with the brakeline and the extensions from Stevescustom1971. The chain was just cheap as hell. I recommend doing what steve said. Just order the blocks and brakeline from him then buy the chain you want. If the price is too good to be true it usually is. But like i said, his extensions are great looking and have withstood over 1500miles of hard riding. and he gives you a steel braided brakeline that is long, i think like 24inches. which is plenty long imo.

Yeah... thats just it. There isnt a slot on this guys extention. STILL has not responded to me. Waste of money.

Are you sure you bought the set for a Gen II? Not trying to insult your intelligence. I bought the same extensions and they were fine.
Just one thing...........:worthless:

Thanks for your question.
Please see this link for the chain specs KMC CHAIN/industrial chain/motorcycle chain.
The minimum tensil for the 530UO o ring chain is 3900 kgf to convert this to pounds you multiply 3900 x 2.2 this equals 8580 lbs tensil strength, the average tensil strength is 4450 kgf so if you multiply this by 2.2 you get 9790 lbs tensil. This is the formula the KMC Factory gave us. We searched several manufactures to take the place of EK, and this is the best chain we could find in the price point people wanted to pay. The only difference between Quadra-X ring and a O-ring chain is on the Quadra-X, the o ring is cut with groves in it, that is the only difference. This is KMC's "top of the line chain",and there "best chain available", we have never had a problem with any of these chains breaking. As far as them stretching, yes they will, as will all chains. If you read the back of the EK ZVX2 chain, it says to check your chain every 350 to 400 miles. Thanks Steve..

Chino, yes I am sure the kit was ordered for a gen II. It is possible that I recieved a gen I set w/o the Gen I brake bracket, but there is definitely no slot for the gen II caliper on this one. I got the bracket from Fuqua but it will require that I remove the rt side extention and redrill and tap the holes in a new location.
My issue with Steves is not the chain. As it turns out I cut it too short and will need to replace it anyway. Thats my fault. My issue has been the frustrating lack of response or help with the problem. Steve responded here only after my last strongly worded msg with a link to this thread adressing the chain issue.

Steve, since you are on here now, can you also address the caliper issue?

really wanting to get this for my gen 1 but i'm weary of the several weeks for APO shipping and then possibly having the wrong parts arrive

had that kmc chain on a busa. chain snapped and destroyed the tail and engine case. only had 1000 miles on the chain too. the extensions are great though

Back