eBay Auction for a 'Busa: The Scam in Italy?

VFRGuy008

Registered
I found an eBay auction for a pristine 'Busa selling for about $3,200 by a guy who said he moved to Italy. I sent him an e-mail, mostly because I was skeptical about a Hayabusa at a low-low sticker price. He sent me this e-mail:

<span style='font-family:times'>Hello thank you for your interest in my Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R GSX-R 1300.
This is a relisting due to a non paying buyer, this is why i wanted to share the terms of sale with you before you could make a decision.
It's powered by a Heavy (700 cc and up) engine in great runing condition. This bike looks perfectly and runs acordingly. You will find no scratches, cracked plastics or bent metals on this bike.
Barely ridden, adult kept in garage, waxed and washed after each ride. The chain has been tightened, in rest the bike is 100% stock.
Will be delivered with it's rear seat cover and a brand new AVGSPORT jacket, and original paperwork. Clear title, extended warranty with Suzuki until 09-2006.
I recently moved in Italy with my wife, the bike is here with me. I wanted to register it here, but they would make me pay some huge taxes that i wasn't aware of, and i'll better sell it and buy a new one here. My loss is your gain.

I will handle the shipping for a small fee (under $600US, depending on your exact location) with Lufthansa Cargo Air insured. All documents, including the clear title and warranty plus bill of sale will be sent along with the bike. If you want to use another shipping carrier, please suggest it.

Payment will be handled with Western Union wire transfer, it's the fastest and the best way to receive payments.
to be shore that you will get the bike i have a plan
you can make the transfer at western with my adress but insted of my name as a receiver you can replaceit with another name ( your father's name your best friend's name etc) so in this way i can check the transfer,after i check the transfer i will sent you the bike and after you will receive it you will change the recdeiver's name into my name.
I will not agree on using COD, Escrow or other electronic payment services (PayPal), transactions mediated by these companies can take up to a month.
To make the Western Union wire transfer you will need to find a Western Union agent. You will need my name and address (name, city, country) to make the transfer.
This is what i need for checking the transfer :
your entire name and adress for shipping
the sender's name and adress
the receiver's name
the MTCN ( control number)
and the exact amount sent.
My adress:
Name:David Leonard
Address: 118 Via Maria
City: Laceno

My asking price, $3250.
If you are interested in purchasing this bike following the up mentioned terms, the transaction can be done verry easy.
Let me know your decision.

David.</span>

Man, can it get any more suspicious? Whatcha all think about this one?

Wow Western Union. Say good-bye to that money. Plus they can’t be prosecuted.

Hey VFR,
I live in Italy and I've done a search for you,
I have a really close friends of mine who lives in LACENO,
I sent him an e-mail about your question and he replied me
that there is no DAVID LEONARD living in that street in LACENO.
Now...I don't know what to say but.....
take care.

Too bad you can't Western Union him a case of Herpes or something!
Or some of that white powdery stuff called..."smallpox" I figure if you've got the nerve to pull some poop like this on your fellow countrymen and women (gotta stay PC), then you're not much better than those terrorist bastards.

Brian

Scammer...
guns.gif

Sorry, by the way, all the info he is requesting is all he needs to claim his money without a name change.
mad.gif

Hey VFR,
I live in Italy and I've done a search for you,
I have a really close friends of mine who lives in LACENO,
I sent him an e-mail about your question and he replied me
that there is no DAVID LEONARD living in that street in LACENO.
Now...I don't know what to say but.....
take care.
thats what you call watching out for one another
thanks geo

stay sharp busa owners

as pres bush says "evil do'ers are out there lurking waiting to strike"

so watch out folks

g

Do something crazy like I was reading the other day, and tell him to stick a picture of bugs bunny or somehting on the gas tank, and snap a picture and email it to you. I bet he wont do it, cuz he got the pictures of the internet.

I figure if you've got the nerve to pull some poop like this on your fellow countrymen and women (gotta stay PC), then you're not much better than those terrorist bastards

Hey Mikey D,

I know UK v US English is a little different, but does anybody over there speak like this?  (They don't in England!)

So I don't think he is a fellow countryman of either of us.

'This bike looks perfectly and runs acordingly.'

'The chain has been tightened, in rest the bike is 100% stock.'

And,

'thank you for your interest in my Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R GSX-R 1300. '

So are we buying a GSX1300R or GSX-R1300?  Or is it 2600cc?

Then no-poop Sherlock, we get 'It's powered by a Heavy (700 cc and up) engine in great runing condition. '

A heavy engine?  Even I'm interested now :-)

And it is bigger than 700cc?  Mmmm, it's 1am  Will Western Union be open?

But I wonder what online language converter this idiot used?

These scams are fairly well known.  I typed 'Italy motorcycle scams' into Google and got this site.  Lots of messages on the subject if you have time to kill.

http://www.bikez.com/msgboard/msg.php?type=topic&id=16

Steve

I've seen this same scam for months now...had a close friend of mine in NC inquire about it before determining it was not worth the risk...sounds like the same guy, same $ for a Busa that's in EC, and from Italy...

There was a guy in England doing his own scan with bikes...another close friend of mine had almost sold her bike to him when she realized it was a scam...his deal was that he was going to send her enough money for the bike and shipping...she was to cash the check and give "x" amount to "his shipper"...isn't it convenient that he's in the UK? Probably a lot to ship there from VA...anyway, when she took the check to the bank, she asked them to verify funds and look over the check carefully...came back as someone that the banks have been trying to find for some time...

BE CAREFUL! IMHO, if you can't meet the guy/gal in person and see the merchandise beforehand, make sure someone else can in the area...if you can't do that, it's not worth losing your money...

I've seen this same scam for months now...had a close friend of mine in NC inquire about it before determining it was not worth the risk...sounds like the same guy, same $ for a Busa that's in EC, and from Italy...

There was a guy in England doing  his own scan with bikes...another close friend of mine had almost sold her bike to him when she realized it was a scam...his deal was that he was going to send her enough money for the bike and shipping...she was to cash the check and give "x" amount to "his shipper"...isn't it convenient that he's in the UK?  Probably a lot to ship there from VA...anyway, when she took the check to the bank, she asked them to verify funds and look over the check carefully...came back as someone that the banks have been trying to find for some time...

BE CAREFUL!  IMHO, if you can't meet the guy/gal in person and see the merchandise beforehand, make sure someone else can in the area...if you can't do that, it's not worth losing your money...
AMEN!!!!

Back