Eat your heart out Tobin

stlbusarider

Donating Member
Registered
I just recieved my new gel seat today. Very comfortable and much more affordable than anything else I've found. They say this is a new design, what do you all think?

seat1.JPG

Thats nice! Who did it? Can they do it like mine cause I do like the cut seat it fits me best,

Seat_on_bike_3.JPG

Have you ever rode on a Tobin seat, you may have a change of heart.

its not a new design... they have had one for sale on the wall in the dealership in my town for almost a year... 58cycle is a rip off by the way... over priced on most all of their stuff... board sponsors can get you almost anything you want for your bike at a much better price...

Looks better than the original GEL seat...I'm sure the "innerds" are the same. Wish it cam in other schemes.

I prefer the LOOK of Tobins but just can't see them being more comfortable as they will raise the pegs, have less cushion/padding, and not allow me slide back in the seat for top speed runs (critical for aerodynamics).

That was the first seat I put on my Busa last year. It was comfortable, but I decided to try the Tobin seat this year.

Tobin seat stays. . . . Gel seat goes
smile.gif

. One question , do Tobin seats push your cods up next to the tank. Hard braking with a Tobin looks like it could bring some pain not to mention a loss of movement on long trips

Forgive my newb rooted ignorance but could someone explain exactly why a Tobin is so great? I mean like really explain it? I mean is the material he stuffs in it some type of NASA material that is only an inch thick but feels like you're sitting on a couch made of baby seals or is it just the fact that it lowers you on the bike? For me that's not necessarily good because I don't want to be any closer to the pegs than I am now.

bowdown.gif

Back