EasyRider Dec 1980

red1100cc

Registered
i was reading through my ol Easy Rider Magazines and came across an article written by Jody Via titled "The Last Frontier".

I think I'm going to read it to my members at tomorrows ABATE meeting.

In the article it speaks how the last frontier, the last battles of the dying biker, striving to ride free, to live free, to just plain be left the heck alone. that fight will be in our courts and legislature. how we as bikers must unite, from the black leather clad, the sport bikers, the geazers on glides and beemers, the grandmaws on scooters,we all must unite to keep our machines, our way of life from being legislated out of existence.
and its right, we must, even more so, we have and must continue to be vigilant.
not only against mandated clothing requirements like reflective vest and yes the right to choose if i wear a helmet or not, to what i beleve are even more inportant issues like total ban of motorcycles from public roads! yes it has been tried and we as bikers have fought it, and won. so far!

join your local motorcycle right org. join and support the MRF and NCOM. stay informed, and dont just gripe, do something about it. and i dont mean hold a protest sign (holding a sign and thinking your changing the world is for another post), i mean really doing something.

speaking of doing something. i think i'll begin on a draft to changes to Wyoming's right of way violation. its just wrong, kill a biker, get 10 days and a few hundred $$ fine.

well brothers and sisters, til next time....see ya in cyberspace :beerchug:

Last edited:
i was reading through my ol Easy Rider Magazines and came across an article written by Jody Via titled "The Last Frontier".

I think I'm going to read it to my members at tomorrows ABATE meeting.

In the article it speaks how the last frontier, the last battles of the dying biker, striving to ride free, to live free, to just plain be left the heck alone. that fight will be in our courts and legislature. how we as bikers must unite, from the black leather clad, the sport bikers, the geazers on glides and beemers, the grandmaws on scooters,we all must unite to keep our machines, our way of life from being legislated out of existence.
and its right, we must, even more so, we have and must continue to be vigilant.
not only against mandated clothing requirements like reflective vest and yes the right to choose if i wear a helmet or not, to what i beleve are even more inportant issues like total ban of motorcycles from public roads! yes it has been tried and we as bikers have fought it, and won. so far!

join your local motorcycle right org. join and support the MRF and NCOM. stay informed, and dont just gripe, do something about it. and i dont mean hold a protest sign (holding a sign and thinking your changing the world is for another post), i mean really doing something.

speaking of doing something. i think i'll begin on a draft to changes to Wyoming's right of way violation. its just wrong, kill a biker, get 10 days and a few hundred $$ fine.

well brothers and sisters, til next time....see ya in cyberspace :beerchug:
I went to an abate meeting once, the first thing the guy running the meeting said was, Lets get some pitchers of beer on the these tables. I got up and walked out. A bunch of drunks riding around on bikes slurring about there rights! No thanks:whistle:

just Imagine this...open that magazine and find the best looking woman you can find with her shirt off, and now imagine what she looks like today:rofl:

I went to an abate meeting once, the first thing the guy running the meeting said was, Lets get some pitchers of beer on the these tables. I got up and walked out. A bunch of drunks riding around on bikes slurring about there rights! No thanks:whistle:
Yes, the monthly ABATE meeting that I bar tended for back in Oregon was Sunday morning while we had $3.00 Bloody Marys.....

Back