Easy Way to Clean & Remove Dead Bugs / stains

sicheneder333

Registered
My Busa is black and I'm always fighting the bug splats that seem to never fully go away, even after a vigorous scrubbing. So I was checking out ways to remove those nasty trails of bug guts from my beloved and ran across this trick. Let me tell you, it works, and is so simple it's almost stupid. I used hot water and two sheets in my bottle and basically "washed" the whole front end using this method. Check it out and let me know if it worked for you too.

Way to Clean & Remove Dead Bugs From Your Car - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
He's still rubbing and even using his fingernail to remove the bug?
So how is that any easier on the paint? Dryer sheets are also expensive.
Just use lemon pledge. Spray it on and wait a bit and the bug does wipe right off.
A can of pledge costs around three bucks and will last alot longer.

He's still rubbing and even using his fingernail to remove the bug?
So how is that any easier on the paint? Dryer sheets are also expensive.
Just use lemon pledge. Spray it on and wait a bit and the bug does wipe right off.
A can of pledge costs around three bucks and will last alot longer.

Hey, it worked great for me. I just figured I would put it out there. Besides, dryer sheets don't cost me anything, my wife buys 'em. :rofl:

Being in the bug capital (Florida) like blanca, use the pledge Aldo and it works great : thumbsup:

Not so keen on scrubbing my bike with dryer sheets.
Even better then $3 Pledge is Dollar General furniture polish lemon or orange.
Before you ride spray on the front wipe off leaving a thin film.. when you get home spray the polish on a clean non abrasive soft rag and wipe the bugs off with little effort

Not so keen on scrubbing my bike with dryer sheets.
Even better then $3 Pledge is Dollar General furniture polish lemon or orange.
Before you ride spray on the front wipe off leaving a thin film.. when you get home spray the polish on a clean non abrasive soft rag and wipe the bugs off with little effort

Good idea. I started using the pledge and wd40 since reading posts here about it. I didn't think about spraying right before a ride. :thumbsup:

What about for windscreens? Pledge too?

just stay in motels.
take the hand towel and wet it down.
throw it in the microwave for a minute.
put the steaming hot towel on the nose and let set a few minutes.
bugs just slide off clean.
now wipe off the rest of the bike.
throw towel in tub.
ride another 500mi.
:thumbs:

Back