easy mods

Let's stick to helping a new member out, not poking fun or bashing. That is definitely not what the oRg is about and if that's the stuff you enjoy, take it to another bike forum :rulez:

It was my first time at the track I will post the slip when I get a chance

This is the problem, you need seat time and PRACTICE....PRACTICE...PRACTICE! :beerchug:

You won't be running 9's first time out. Get more seat time and get your 60' down. If you aren't in the 1.8's at stock height you aren't riding it hard enough. When it's lowered you could be down in the 1.4-1.5 range at stock wheelbase but that's some of the best riders.

Also, how are you shifting, what RPM are you shifting, etc...etc.?

Post a slip and you'll have your answer... ;)

This is the problem, you need seat time and PRACTICE....PRACTICE...PRACTICE! :beerchug:

You won't be running 9's first time out. Get more seat time and get your 60' down. If you aren't in the 1.8's at stock height you aren't riding it hard enough. When it's lowered you could be down in the 1.4-1.5 range at stock wheelbase but that's some of the best riders.

Also, how are you shifting, what RPM are you shifting, etc...etc.?

Post a slip and you'll have your answer... ;)

Man 1.4's on SWB would be THE BEST riders in the world and even then not consistent. That's kind of misleading.

Man 1.4's on SWB would be THE BEST riders in the world and even then not consistent. That's kind of misleading.

I said he "could" be, not he will be... ;)

Not misleading at all. A good goal is 1.6, anything quicker is really good on SWB for a non-pro rider at least... :beerchug:

ET is all about technique and seat time. I have seen 400 hp bikes go 10s at 180 mph, and 100 hp bikes go low 9s at 130.

MPH is not about technique and seat time. Its about power, and (within reason) you can totaly hack up the first 60 ft, and still fairly accurately estimate the power to the back tire as a function of the total rider/bike weight, the speed you go through the traps. A pretty good estimate that many drag racers us is as follows.
HorsePower = (speed/243)^3) * weight (lbs)

If your weight on the bike is around 840 lbs (complete guess on my part) and you are going through the traps at 113 mph, you are only making 95hp.

Somethings wrong. As a racer, if I see my MPH drop in back to back passes as little as 3 mph, I drop my oil and look for signs of motor damage.

ET is all about technique and seat time. I have seen 400 hp bikes go 10s at 180 mph, and 100 hp bikes go low 9s at 130.

MPH is not about technique and seat time. Its about power, and (within reason) you can totaly hack up the first 60 ft, and still fairly accurately estimate the power to the back tire as a function of the total rider/bike weight, the speed you go through the traps. A pretty good estimate that many drag racers us is as follows.
HorsePower = (speed/243)^3) * weight (lbs)

If your weight on the bike is around 840 lbs (complete guess on my part) and you are going through the traps at 113 mph, you are only making 95hp.

Somethings wrong. As a racer, if I see my MPH drop in back to back passes as little as 3 mph, I drop my oil and look for signs of motor damage.

^ What he said! :rulez:

There is a very remote possibility that you have a European restricted model. Certain countries have HP limitations to 100 HP, and by my calculation, that's about what you have. The power is restricted by the ECU controlling the secondary throttle plates just like "C" mode.

Again, this seems like a long shot unless you bought the bike in Germany and had it imported or something. Hell, these bikes make more than 100 HP with no rings installed, so something is wrong.

If you can't post a pic of the slip at least post the info...

60':
330':
1/8:
1/8mph:
1/4:
1/4mph:

Just getting sick of seeing people like you. I have to deal with it on the gsxr forum but have come to expect more from the people on the org. There's thread for bashing and poking fun of people. This is a new guy and is just looking for help.

Sick of me? I will clue you in.. There is a feature called "BLOCK" use it! This way your little sensitive feelings wont be altered by my messages and mostly I wont have to read your crying sensitive words, Its a win win.. Bye:beerchug:

Just getting sick of seeing people like you. I have to deal with it on the gsxr forum but have come to expect more from the people on the org. There's thread for bashing and poking fun of people. This is a new guy and is just looking for help.

Don't mind Yankee he is apparently the couch coach.. You know the kind of guy that watched a series of overhaulin so that makes him a bike builder, kinda guy. :laugh: His kind is on every forum. Sometimes you just gotta weed through the bs to find help.

To the op, post up your times if you can. That will help a lot.

^not to mention "pulling spark plugs and leak down test"... ???

Why would someone ever recommend that without looking at ALL the info first... :banghead:

Back