Easy cushdrive rubbers?

Coulda swore someone here told me to do this. The only thing I'd be careful about is torquing the axle nut more than specced. If it's torqued to spec, it should compress the carrier into the drum as you ride. Check the torque after every ride until all the parts are pressed together as tight as they're supposed to be.
Took very little pressure and was seated before I hit the torque point. Also made it a point to loosen the nut then torque making sure it didn't back off when pressure was released. Checked after every ride for a week and didn't budge.

"Compress the carrier into the drum as you ride" ???
You didn't really just say that and recommend it,did you? View attachment 1623016

Torkin' the axle nut is NOT the way to put things together.
Whats next,squeeze in new wheel bearings. View attachment 1623015
Cut it out you guys... :laugh:
The swingarm assembly is not yer "poor-mans" hydraulic press.
Rubb.
Didn't have to toque it to get it to seat,took very little pressure and found it to be a lot gentler then stomping on my sprocket or beating on it with a mallet like the directions call for. Like I said tho may not necessarily be the correct way but it did work and turning wrenches everyday for a living tends to give me a way of looking for easier ways and can usually feel if I'm stressing any parts and in this case I could tell I wasn't.

You didn't really just say that and recommend it,did you?

Torkin' the axle nut is NOT the way to put things together.
I'm not recommending or dis-recommending it. I've never tried it so I don't know how readily it works. The chain will be aligned. The wheel fits. The brake caliper piston might be a problem but I think it would adjust automatically. The axle nut loosens as the carrier presses into the drum. We're talking a sixteenth of an inch. Too many ifs, hit it with the mallet.

Didn't have to toque it to get it to seat,took very little pressure and found it to be a lot gentler then stomping on my sprocket or beating on it with a mallet like the directions call for. Like I said tho may not necessarily be the correct way but it did work and turning wrenches everyday for a living tends to give me a way of looking for easier ways and can usually feel if I'm stressing any parts and in this case I could tell I wasn't.
There, see! It works. Try it. If it doesn't work, try something else. That's wrenching on your own bike. As long as I know what's going on, I feel 10x safer than letting a shop do it.

You know I'm just poking fun back at you, right @rubbersidedown ?? :poke:

You caught me before but not this time!

Well all you fellas have a good night. It's cool in the evening now and great for sleeping. I'm hitting the hay.

You know I'm just poking fun back at you, right @rubbersidedown ?? :poke:

You caught me before but not this time!

Well all you fellas have a good night. It's cool in the evening now and great for sleeping. I'm hitting the hay.
Sleep is overrated..let's ride...

It's all good Bruva. You got class 2morrow? (well 2day now 4 you, U went to bed) :D
Rubb.

Sleep is overrated..let's ride...View attachment 1623100
It's all good Bruva. You got class 2morrow? (well 2day now 4 you, U went to bed) :D
Rubb.
I think they're trying to make us get back in the swing early this year to figure out how we're going to reopen school. We have Google meetings. One at 11:30 today. The shop teacher is the only smart one, he hasn't responded to any emails. Why would you even check...if you are on vacation somewhere? :laugh: You get back from vacation and "Oh jeez, my inbox is full of meetings. Oh well, I guess I missed them! I was on vacation because it's summer. Nobody told me we were having meetings in July.":laugh:

I think they're trying to make us get back in the swing early this year to figure out how we're going to reopen school. We have Google meetings. One at 11:30 today. The shop teacher is the only smart one, he hasn't responded to any emails. Why would you even check...if you are on vacation somewhere? :laugh: You get back from vacation and "Oh jeez, my inbox is full of meetings. Oh well, I guess I missed them! I was on vacation because it's summer. Nobody told me we were having meetings in July.":laugh:
:laugh::thumbsup: Isn't the shop teacher the one who is usually, shall we say,less academically gifted than the other teachers? He's prolly out in his garage building a turbo busa Smart Car or tweeking the batteries and motor of his Toyota Pruis. He's on the beach in Mexico sippin' Mai Tai's and you guys are staring at the computer. Stoopid grease monkey ? Maybe not so much so. ;)
Rubb.

:laugh::thumbsup: Isn't the shop teacher the one who is usually, shall we say,less academically gifted than the other teachers? He's prolly out in his garage building a turbo busa Smart Car or tweeking the batteries and motor of his Toyota Pruis. He's on the beach in Mexico sippin' Mai Tai's and you guys are staring at the computer. Stoopid grease monkey ? Maybe not so much so. ;)
Rubb.

Our shop teachers were "rock stars" everyone loved them...I remember a student cutting off the tip of his finger and the wood shop teacher was so relaxed when he dealt with it we were all put at ease...

Our Auto teacher drove a '70 Superbee and done up to the teeth when it started up the sound was something else.

The red Schintz ones are directional. One side has pimples on it, I forgot which is up. Put them in the wrong way and I could put all 300 lbs on it and not get the sprocket carrier to seat. Flip them and a little pressure and you can't get the sprocket off.

Isn't the shop teacher the one who is usually, shall we say,less academically gifted than the other teachers?

No Rubb, that's the art teacher.

Our shop teachers were "rock stars" everyone loved them...I remember a student cutting off the tip of his finger and the wood shop teacher was so relaxed when he dealt with it we were all put at ease...

I hear tech ed teachers can start off making $60k. Pretty damn nice for a teacher 9 months a year. I've had a lot harder and more stressful jobs and they all paid less. I don't make a lot of money but it's ok. I make enough to get by and the wi pension is excellent. I definitely encourage kids to teach if they like school and I tell them the money isn't bad. Compare it to other "normal everyday" jobs out there. They pay the same and they're less secure plus you work all year. Hourly, teaching isn't bad. Sure would help if I was married to another teacher but that's what they often do and it works out great for having a family too.

The red Schintz ones are directional. One side has pimples on it, I forgot which is up.

The pimples face outward if they're Sensei dampers. I believe you can see the dampers are tapered so they go in easier. I used some dish soap on mine too. Anyone want a tutorial, Rear Wheel Inspection, Gen 2 Hayabusa | Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself

Last edited:
I hear tech ed teachers can start off making $60k. Pretty damn nice for a teacher 9 months a year. I've had a lot harder and more stressful jobs and they all paid less. I don't make a lot of money but it's ok. I make enough to get by and the wi pension is excellent. I definitely encourage kids to teach if they like school and I tell them the money isn't bad. Compare it to other "normal everyday" jobs out there. They pay the same and they're less secure plus you work all year. Hourly, teaching isn't bad. Sure would help if I was married to another teacher but that's what they often do and it works out great for having a family too.

My neighbours are both teachers, they taught in China for few years after getting out of college then moved back here, the wife has a hard time getting full time work...she has 4 degrees and her Masters so we figure they are scared to hire her as she is so educated (probably too educated).

Good people, we consider them family, and they do us as well.

This evening we all sat on the lawn together (their 3 boys, them and my wife and I) and chatted, it was nice.

she has 4 degrees and her Masters so we figure they are scared to hire her as she is so educated (probably too educated).

I've heard "don't get the masters degree until you get the job." Back in Milwaukee, my x's salary went up 30% immediately after the masters degree. It might not help your chances of getting hired if have a masters degree and they have to pay you more than someone without. I have to ask about it at my school like NOW because I need a house. It'll be a tough topic to broach but I usually just say it when that situation happens. Get everything out in the open and nobody is wondering what you're thinking.

I've heard "don't get the masters degree until you get the job." Back in Milwaukee, my x's salary went up 30% immediately after the masters degree. It might not help your chances of getting hired if have a masters degree and they have to pay you more than someone without. I have to ask about it at my school like NOW because I need a house. It'll be a tough topic to broach but I usually just say it when that situation happens. Get everything out in the open and nobody is wondering what you're thinking.

That's a problem she is running into as they don't want to pay her what she is worth...we live in a small community surrounded by small communities and she is far more educated than most of the Principals-which is threatening to them I think.

That's a problem she is running into as they don't want to pay her what she is worth...we live in a small community surrounded by small communities and she is far more educated than most of the Principals-which is threatening to them I think.
If she insists on a job in that area, change her resume. She can tell them she has a masters at a strategic time later and just claim she had an old resume. Seen it done.....

The red Schintz ones are directional. One side has pimples on it, I forgot which is up. Put them in the wrong way and I could put all 300 lbs on it and not get the sprocket carrier to seat. Flip them and a little pressure and you can't get the sprocket off.
300... :eek: I did say I was sorry for everything right Bro?
Even the shi7 I didn't do.

No Rubb, that's the art teacher.

If she insists on a job in that area, change her resume. She can tell them she has a masters at a strategic time later and just claim she had an old resume. Seen it done.....
I like it. Thats good advice right everyone. I mean if you want good advice you just ask fallenarch right guys. I mean,cool dude right. No, I'm not nervous.Why would you ask that.I'm not nervous. I've heard good things about suzukihayabusa.org and that LaBusa's place. I'm gonna give them a try. Love you guys.
Rubb.

Too late for that, this is a small area and she is well known already.

I get a chuckle as she signs her husband and herself up to do online summer courses-I ask her if she needs her resume padded some more..LOL.

Back