Easy and cheap ways to make your busa PoP!!!

I have an 03 busa all stock. I am looking for a way to make it PoP for cheap. I like working with my hands so i want to do as much as i can. My friend told me about "hand chroming" my frame swing arm. Anyone know how to do it? OR know anything else that could be done to give it that custome look with as lil money out of pocket as possible?

Would you think painting them my self would be smart? Like I said I want to do as much as I can my self untill I get some cash up for aftermarket. I think i might install a LED light kit. I put one on my vn900c (my last bike) for around $40. I bought everything from autozone to include the light switch so I didnt have to ride with them on all the time. What is the most impressive/good looking mod you make to your bike for under $50?

:welcome: to the family...:thumbsup:

yea, what color you wanta go with?

if you plan on polishing your frame and swing arm, its a big headach...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Let me know what you think! Just a lil background about this... I owned a 06 GSXR750 all tricked out then decided to "grow up" and get a cruiser a 2010 Vulcan 900c (again tricked out) and that got old real fast and i allways wanted a Busa so I traided it 1for1. It seems like i buy a bike drop alot of money into it and sell it for cheap. Now I want to get personal with this bike... put alot of man hours into it not just buy and bolt on. I just got my certification on a laith and mill so I pan to machine alot but untill I get my materials up I wana dig in and get my hands dirty.

the busa one 045.jpg

the busa one 011.jpg

the busa one 023.jpg

lol you say i can do it myself... my first thought is rattle can it... I think it will look bad and fall apart easy. Something tells me you know something I dont.

Welcome to the org

You can loosen the exhaust header bolts… that will make it pop for sure (mostly on deceleration) J/K.

Color is a good way to make things pop.

do you already have good gear (helmet, jacket, boots, gloves, etc.)? To answer your question, maybe change the color of the graphics?

Wouldnt recommend painting the frame or the rims white.........would be a pain in the :moon: to clean. 2ndly paint will rub chip and flake alot more than if you got it powdercoated, that stuff gets baked on and lasts alot longer. I would get aftermarket exhaust and lose the stock cans, fender eliminator, smoke windscreen and front signals to start.

First of all thank you everyone for posting and making me feel welcome on the forum. Maby I should try to clear up some things. I do know what things to do to my bike to set it off... my idea was to get a convo to flow into cheaper/alternative ways to give your bike that great custom work with out paying so deep into your pockets. Here are my last two bikes that I put together.

184967_10150410590340291_737630290_17303062_4230838_n.jpg

026.jpg

302238_10152114584630291_13454900_n.jpg

The "hand chroming" you're talking about would be polishing the aluminum.
Not recommended. It's alot of work, and every little flaw will show up. Doing a flat part of the frame isn't bad, but getting into tight places, and the wheels...no thanks.
Polishing is fine for a show bike, as all those owners do is clean anyway. Your knees rubbing the frame will quickly cloud the finish. Any moisture will quickly oxidize and cloud the aluminum too. The mirror you rode out on will look steamed when you come home.
Chrome frame covers, and a stock for chrome wheel swap is worth the money(if you want that look).
I bought a stock 94 zx7 years ago, stock except for paint and that someone had already started the polishing.
It was alot of work, more than I wanted than when I first started. That's the problem too, once you start polishing, you have to finish it. All of it.

You can also cut the stock mufflers shorter. It'll change the looks and sound. There's some "how-to" threads on it here somewhere.
Ditch the fender/mudflap and reflectors.
Maybe try making yourself custom footpegs and bar ends.

That makes alot of sence. Thank you for your advice. I will deff. look into cutting my stock exhaust. Sounds like a very cheap way to get a good look and sound.

Paint, rims, windscreen, seat. Changes the whole look.

Compare the difference:

6650378945_a0e42048a2_b.jpg

6626469405_80d6246773_b.jpg

...and then came the Gen-II. Same intent.

Bone Stock
6649961265_4cf37d7676_b.jpg

Not anymore.
7941464944_71004bcde8_b.jpg

7873224800_7423700cfd_b.jpg

whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK at pashnit's bike....its a slippery slope I warn you :whistle:

Back