East Coast Trackday VIR South Aug 25th

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Some folks have mentioned this idea to have an East Coast trackday. And most seem interested in VIR.

I checked with the NESBA schedule and I can make Saturday August 25th. This will be the South loop, NOT the AMA North loop. The North loop is only run on Monday's and with my work schedule no can do for me.

Juggler and I did the South loop last year and had a great time.

I would really like to get a bunch of us together and have a great time.

The track day cost is $165.00 plus you must join NESBA at $75.00 for a year. For the Intro group no membership is required.

NESBA runs 4 groups at each trackday.

Intro : This free trial group is for the street rider who's unsure about signing up for a full day of riding. The Intro group attends a Beginner classroom session and gets on the track for two 15-20 minute Beginner riding sessions in the morning rotation. There is no bike preparation requirement; however, participants are required to pass technical inspection.

Beginner : This group is very structured and geared toward those who have little or no experience riding on a track. A brief classroom session gets participants acquainted with the track, basic rules, procedures, and track etiquette. On the track, Control Riders serve as instructors and set the pace. Passing is allowed anywhere except in the corners. With each session, the group is guaranteed a steady increase in speed throughout the day.

Intermediate : This group is less supervised and structured than the Beginner group. Control Riders observe riding ability and encourage faster or slower riders to move up or down a group. Passing is allowed everywhere except the inside of corners. The structure of this group may change to more closely resemble either the Advanced or Beginner group, depending on the group's overall riding ability.

Advanced : This group has very little supervision. Control Riders are present to spot unsafe riding maneuvers. Passing is allowed anywhere on the track. This group is run much like an open racing practice.

For more info:

NESBA

If you would like to make this happen, post up and I will go ahead and sign up for the event.

There is camping available at the track and there is minimal power outlets, so plan on a generator if you need power.

There you go Kevin
smile.gif

I'm in for at least coming to see everyone race if I can get away...I don't think I'll do the track days because I just don't have the gear (no full suit, nothing that zips all the way around, no gauntlet gloves) and no $ to buy this riding season...it's all I could do to get the new Shoei
smile.gif

It would be great to see a bunch of h.oRg members there though
cool.gif

smile.gif

Thank you.

Lets see if we can get enough intrest in a gathering at VIR for a little track thrashing.

VMAN!! It is my goal to join you @ VIR in 08. My big trackday long distance trip this year is Miller Motorsports Park.

So...I'll be seeing you in 08.
wink.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Apr. 03 2007,19:54) VMAN!! It is my goal to join you @ VIR in 08. My big trackday long distance trip this year is Miller Motorsports Park.

So...I'll be seeing you in 08.  
wink.gif
I hope so.

This one may not even happen, but I am at last gonna give it a shot.

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 04 2007,02:19) 4 Group riding sessions
rock.gif
The Intro rides with the Beginner class the 1st two sessions of the day.

So actually just three rotations, 20 min each.

That's the weekend before the track day at Miller, so I won't be able to make it this year.

(vman1300 @ Apr. 04 2007,03:30)
(BA BUSA @ Apr. 04 2007,02:19) 4 Group riding sessions
rock.gif
The Intro rides with the Beginner class the 1st two sessions of the day.

So actually just three rotations, 20 min each.
wink.gif
Never heard of anybody having 4 rider groups
tounge.gif

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 04 2007,09:54)
wink.gif
Never heard of anybody having 4 rider groups
tounge.gif
It can get a bit crowded in the 1st two sessions in B with NESBA. But it does keep the pace down and lets newbies learn the track.

At Jennings in January, I had to deal with 15 min session(4 groups) due to a race school that same day.

The school only ran 4 sessions but we did still loose track time.

VIR north is better than, well,...pretty much anything.

I'm already hooked up with TPM and will be at VIR in May, June, July and September. My boss wouldn't like me anymore if I joined another track org.

However, I will be there in August for the AMA race.

Chris

Well it looks like this day wont happen either...others halready have plans that weekend or are with another group.

Maybe next year for a EC trackday.

Anyhoo.....I will be there!

VIR is about 2 hours away from me. I should be able to go but depends if I have Coast Guard commitments (duty) that day. If so, I'll try to get a standby. So is it a requirement to wear full leathers?

Be sure to post up some pics
wink.gif
cool.gif

I'd love to take a year off and hit every track in the states
cool.gif
all_coholic.gif

cool.gif

(Charlesbusa @ May 22 2007,20:15) Be sure to post up some pics  
wink.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

all_coholic.gif
Wouldn't that be
cool.gif

I just had a meeting with my new financial planner today...hmmm note to self, take off a year and
do ALL the tracks in the US
super.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

(BA BUSA @ May 22 2007,23:23)
(Charlesbusa @ May 22 2007,20:15) Be sure to post up some pics  
wink.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

all_coholic.gif
Wouldn't that be  
cool.gif

I just had a meeting with my new financial planner today...hmmm note to self, take off a year and
do ALL the tracks in the US  
super.gif
It would be frigg'in awesome
race.gif

But by the time I could afford it I'll be 80
wow.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

(Charlesbusa @ May 22 2007,23:15) Be sure to post up some pics  
wink.gif

cool.gif
Will do!

I signed up yesterday on the NESBA site. There will be a couple of guys here from the shop going as well.....

Back