East Bound And Down

HoboJoe

Registered
This might be outta the realm of most but thought I'd give it a shot. The closest of these Birds I'm negotiating for is over 300mi away and since I'm not quite as full of Spit and Vinegar as I used to be I'm thinking of hauling it home with a load I can get paid for. My truck, my trailer (48'x102") flatbed, so I can do as I please. Sure I can lash it down sufficiently once on but short of someone allowing me access to their loading dock, damned if I can figure out how to get it on. I'll ride it home if I have to, but it's always good to have a Plan B. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful and might spark something I hadn't thought of. Thanks

Is there room on the catwalk behind the sleeper?
Since it's alot lower than the trailer, it's easier to drive up a bike ramp. I've seen bikes strapped there on trucks.

Not even close. Took the Headboard off the trailer long ago so it doesn't grab the wind. Run a Headache rack in back of the Bunk. Chains and Binders and such. Even if I move the Fifth Wheel all the way back don't think I'd have enough room to turn without hitting the Bike. Good try though. Thanks

How about a Southern States or farm supply store? Most have external docks will built in man/pallet ramps. You could load/unload to the side or rear. Lay down a sheet of plywood between trailer and dock, roll bike over.
Even if you offer a few bucks dock fee.
Cheaper than shipping, or gas in a pickup.
I drove flatbed otr years back, so I know what you're up against.
Only other thing I could think would be single bike ramp. Side or back of trailer.
Yard or ditch, even deck steps, that you could back close to. Elavated ground the bike can ride on, that gives a couple feet of rise for ramp angle you need.
That, or pay someone to forklift it on/off.
Secure it to the pallet. I'de even ride pallet up/down to hold bike if I could.
Just secure enough to pallet for on/off.
Bike on pallet could be secured properly once on trailer.
That's all I got.
Good luck with it.

Aw, great ideas. Me thinks I can maybe use a combination of several. Hope I don't hurt myself trying to figure something out.. Thank

I transported my car in my 53' van trailer years ago by paying a flatbed tow truck to pick it up and back up to the trailer, the height was perfect. Not a free method, but cheaper than shipping it or driving it and it's a pretty effective way to get it up and down. Just a thought for you...

Back