Earth Hour tonight.

I have my spotlights on. I'm watering my lawn, working on the computer, watching TV, and running the AC.

...I did it.

I even went for an extra hour. Sat on the Patio and lit the chimanea and drank a few Bud Lights.
beerchug.gif
yea we poured 5 gallons of gas in a barrel for the hour and lit it..... did not use any electrons at all.....

..Glad to see we have alot of conservationist here on the Org.
beerchug.gif
...thanks for doing your parts.

...now I know someone was cheating cause I saw some really bright lights off the northeast and another one to the west....who was it?
rock.gif

..Glad to see we have alot of conservationist here on the Org.
beerchug.gif
...thanks for doing your parts.

...now I know someone was cheating cause I saw some really bright lights off the northwest and another one to the west....who was it?
rock.gif
I was the one Northeast of you.
laugh.gif

I think if I shut the lights off here at the plant ....the upper management wouldn't find it too entertaining.

So anyone do the duty? I regretingly didnt. I was drunk and... Something good was on. I try to conserve by riding a one person vehicle that gets 30+mpg whenever i can anyway. I also do it fast so i dont make traffic jams on the hwy. Less space taken up for less time.

I dont flush the pee in the toilet till it stinks.
cool.gif

I dont let the water run or leave rooms with lights on.
I only drive a monster truck cause i need it to haul stuff and i always monitor fuel usage.
Etc.
beerchug.gif

So anyone do the duty? I regretingly didnt. I was drunk and... Something good was on. I try to conserve by riding a one person vehicle that gets 30+mpg whenever i can anyway. I also do it fast so i dont make traffic jams on the hwy. Less space taken up for less time.

I dont flush the pee in the toilet till it stinks.
cool.gif

I dont let the water run or leave rooms with lights on.
I only drive a monster truck cause i need it to haul stuff and i always monitor fuel usage.
Etc.
beerchug.gif
sadnews.gif
do what? Ya, I went duty. and I flushed.

Wow that's a great attitude to have. It could make a difference if lots of people do it. I know not everyone will do it but if a large group does it the collective conscious can accomplish great things. Ever notice how when the media says it will be a terrible hurricane season, everyone concentrates on it and it manifests. We are all energy based beings with far more power than people realize. Flame on!!
Sounds like that book, The Law of Attraction.

The mysticism I can live without but I'm in favor of saving energy. Here's one for you: Walk around your house at 2am when everyone's asleep and the lights are out and see how many little red and green lights are staring back at you from everywhere. That's all power consumption right there.

If you really want to save some MORE juice, unplug a bunch of things like that and see if that helps.

Just sitting here at the computer, I have my monitor, my wife's, The wireless router, the Cable Modem, and the external music drive. Also, the camera, vid cam, two Palm Pilots, two Chatterboxes, my wife's wireless mouse and two iPods are all plugged in to charge up. Not to mention, we usually don't turn off the computers at all; only the screen savers power down the monitors.

Mentally walking throuh the house, there is the coffee pot clock, the microwave clock, the stove clock, the little green lights on the refrigerator, the two alarm clocks in the bedroom, an alarm clock in the guest room, the little green light on the T.V., the little red lights and channel indicator on the DVR, a little red light on the DVD player, two cell phone chargers and the recharger for the wine bottle opener.

I don't think there is anything in the garage but of course, the garage door opener is probably drawing power all the time it's waiting for you to press a button on the remote.

That's a helluva lot, now that I've typed it all out. Amazing.

What do you have on YOUR list of continuous power consumption devices?

--Wag--

You guys don't get it. I guess it's all in thinking positively that things can change when enough people want it to. And if you want that new B-King then you will do whatever you need to, to get it. Set a goal and go after it. Someone set a goal of saving energy around the world and they did what they needed to set up a world wide effort. And I bet there will be a significant amount of change. You can be negative and pessamistic all you want, I truly believe that we can make a difference in this world and in a good way. It's more than just these bikes too. Ha! It's about finding the positive in everything, even the crappy things that happen in life, and if you can't then you still have too much negativity present in your life. I truly wish all of you guys and gals a wonderful future. Keep flaming peeps.
While it's all well and good to have everyone on board for energy savings, the reality is that an hour, even worldwide, won't do much good. You HAVE to do the little things.

Here's a thought: Everyone on the planet switches ALL of the light bulbs in their homes to compact fluorescents? If you did this in just the U.S. alone, you could shut down a handful of power plants and California could stop doing rolling blackouts and brownouts.

Seriously.

It's the little things added up which make a big difference.

--Wag--

P.S. The only thing that concerns me is, does it pollute the environment more to make the compact fluorescents than the incandescents? We should check before we initiate any movements in that direction.

P.P.S. Wait until governments impose a requirement for compact fluorescents. THEN we will know.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
djorgensen3 @ Mar. 29 2008 said:
1354192[/ATTACH] PM]
Every little bit helps. Go check out the huge ice sheet that broke off Antarctica. Yeah the planets never ever had ice age's or hot phases either. Nah never could ever happen again huh? Nope not in my lifetime so I don't give a crap about the future, nope don't care.
This is exactly the point. There have been warming and cooling cycles long before there were electric companies and automobiles. The Earth has cycles it continually goes through. That's just what it does and as much as some people want to think man can control everything, we really aren't that powerful.
+1

--Wag--

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back