Earth Hour tonight.

And dont want the shop to be cold for the Busa when I get her home tomorrow. Better go crank up the heat in there too.

Doh I get it......

everyone that is falling for this "lights" out thing is guilty of wasting massive amounts of power all the other 8759 hours of the year

I am with R8, I use only what I need and conserve ALL the time... Like I need some bleeding heart liberal to tell me that my utility use is excessive, they can kiss my shiny butt...

my utility/gasoline bills combined for a month are less than $200 during the winter... LIGHTS ON....

Doh I get it......  

everyone that is falling for this "lights" out thing is guilty of wasting massive amounts of power all the other 8759 hours of the year

I am with R8, I use only what I need and conserve ALL the time...  Like I need some bleeding heart liberal to tell me that my utility use is excessive, they can kiss my shiny butt...  

my utility/gasoline bills combined for a month are less than $200 during the winter...     LIGHTS ON....
I like where your heads at. I'd be thankful w/ that bill. Our electric bill for this winter has been around 350/ month. CRANK IT UP

Think I'll head out and lay in the tanning bed for about 30 minutes.
lurk.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
djorgensen3 @ Mar. 29 2008 said:
1353677[/ATTACH] PM]
Every little bit helps.  Go check out the huge ice sheet that broke off Antarctica.  Yeah the planets never ever had ice age's or hot phases either.  Nah never could ever happen again huh? Nope not in my lifetime so I don't give a crap about the future, nope don't care.
This is exactly the point.  There have been warming and cooling cycles long before there were electric companies and automobiles.  The Earth has cycles it continually goes through.  That's just what it does and as much as some people want to think man can control everything, we really aren't that powerful.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Maybe we should all not change our underwear for a month and clothes so we can save our water resources. Sound lke a plan?
I dont wear underwear  
dunno.gif
Sorry... panties!
America has the capabilities to produce cleaner burning fuels, more efficient power generation, cars that will get lotsa mileage per gallon. But the a-holes that run this country will never let it happen. Too much $$ involved. I absolutely believe that there is a cure for cancer but the FDA (who is run buy the Gobment) and who approves all drugs on the market only allows drugs that will surpress or partially treat it. Drug companys dont want a cure! they want you to have to depend on medicine as long as they can. It's all about the money! It's always all about the money....

Wow that's a great attitude to have.  It could make a difference if lots of people do it.  I know not everyone will do it but if a large group does it the collective conscious can accomplish great things.  Ever notice how when the media says it will be a terrible hurricane season, everyone concentrates on it and it manifests.  We are all energy based beings with far more power than people realize.  Flame on!!
laugh.gif
you lost me, bro.

I get lost easy though
face7.gif

Is it Earth Hour yet? My meter is spinning like a top!

Wait, let me turn down the AC to 60 degrees.

Where is my winter coat? Wait! I don't have a winter coat. Al Gore, kiss my azz!

r8

If I turn out all the lights in the house, but run my generator to run some of the floor lamps and other lighting, will that count?

As I'm starting to really study more on organic and general chemistry, I start to see some of the relationships and understanding of human effect on the environment. I don't quite have a stance as to whether or not "WE" have caused the recent radical changes in earth temparature. It has been noted that Earth does go thru periods of hot and cold. The interesting thing is Earth's orbit varies from circular to elliptical. According to astronomers, we're in a more elliptical orbit, which should mean we're supposed to experiencing cooling temps. But recent polar ice cap shrinkage/activity and average sea water temps and levels suggests otherwise.

It is a very fascinating topic, even if you try to look at it from a very scientific, yet unbiased, point of view. I'm all for conservation and trying to make sure that this world is a habitable place for my young dauther and her children in the future. Of course I'm prolly guilty of polluting the world more b/c I've turned my Gixxer into a superstock racebike w/no Pair reed valve, no subframe hydrocarbon reclaim canister, full race exhaust, PC with race mapping and race fuel. That's not exactly doing my part. But recycling newspapers, old motor oil, turning off the lights when not in use, and using drought resistant plants is at least making some attempt to equalize some of the damage I do when on my racebike. just my
2cents.gif

...I did it.

I even went for an extra hour. Sat on the Patio and lit the chimanea and drank a few Bud Lights.
beerchug.gif

Back