Earth Hour tonight.

...I did it.  

I even went for an extra hour.  Sat on the Patio and lit the chimanea and drank a few Bud Lights.
beerchug.gif
Way to go
beerchug.gif
. So did we
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

The interesting thing is Earth's orbit varies from circular to elliptical. According to astronomers, we're in a more elliptical orbit, which should mean we're supposed to experiencing cooling temps. But recent polar ice cap shrinkage/activity and average sea water temps and levels suggests otherwise.
That is interesting. I know that a sample of only 3 months is not statistically significant, but in Missouri we have averaged nearly 10 degees below the average temperatures so far in 2008. I also know that there are too many variables to draw anything conclusive from it, but I find it interesting.

I know this is a tangent, but how about a "Buy American" month? Go for an entire month without buying anything imported unless there is no American-made alternative? If you need a new power drill, instead of Makita choose Black & Decker (unless it says "Made in China" on it)?
I wonder what THAT month would do to our trade balance?
rock.gif
Economy?

Wal-Mart would be up shid creek...
laugh.gif

Hey, anybody remember Wal-Mart's "Buy American" advertising? Didn't think so...

I know this is a tangent, but how about a "Buy American" month? Go for an entire month without buying anything imported unless there is no American-made alternative? If you need a new power drill, instead of Makita choose Black & Decker (unless it says "Made in China" on it)?
I wonder what THAT month would do to our trade balance?  
rock.gif
 Economy?  

Wal-Mart would be up shid creek...  
laugh.gif

Hey, anybody remember Wal-Mart's "Buy American" advertising? Didn't think so...
I dont know about that. I build houses and my makita electric sander was purchased before my black & decker firestorm was. The makita is still working as new. I slammed the decker on the ground by the chord cause it strted falling apart the day after i got it.

I suspect the "Earth Hour" thing was not really so much to save energy as it was REALLY to make people aware they are using energy. Yes, it didn't do any good EXCEPT making people REMEMBER the electricity that they take for granted everyday. And maybe be a little more energy conscious if, for nothing else, their own pocketbook's sake.

I did not participate. I was under the impression that it's a good idea to stay low watt usage ALL THE TIME, not just one hour. I did that WAG thing a few years back and put power strips on everything so I could REALLY turn things off.

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
BIGSMOOTHH @ Mar. 29 2008 said:
1354590[/ATTACH] PM]
Okaayyy.....So everyone now concentrate on seeing a brand new beautiful 09 BKING in my garage with Lucy Liu sitting on it.  Together now.....cmon now....we can do it!!!
I tried REAL HARD! but all I could see was Halie Berry sitting on my bike.
winkold.gif
 O' well. I'll go with it
tounge.gif
Halle Berre works just fine for me!!! And shes in MY garage dammit!!!
fight.gif

zzwhip.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
BIGSMOOTHH @ Mar. 29 2008 said:
1354600[/ATTACH] PM]
Okaayyy.....So everyone now concentrate on seeing a brand new beautiful 09 BKING in my garage with Lucy Liu sitting on it.  Together now.....cmon now....we can do it!!!
I tried REAL HARD! but all I could see was Halie Berry sitting on my bike.
winkold.gif
 O' well. I'll go with it
tounge.gif
Halle Berre works just fine for me!!!  And shes in MY garage dammit!!!
fight.gif
poke.gif

zzwhip.gif

Back