Ear plugs on ride home

karnage

Registered
:thumbsup:Much better ride.Pretty quiet but will take getting used to.I wear then all day at work so I like them out but my ears dont ring now.

I find that I am not as tired when I wear ear plugs. I wear the same plugs that I wear when I go shooting at the gun range.

It is much quieter and calmer on rides with plugs. You are not mentally fatigued and ringing ears dont bother you after a long ride.

I have always used plugs and I have never tried ear buds just because I dont care to listen to music while I ride (its distracting for me). However, I bought a SENA smh-10 bluethooth a while back (mainly for cell phone access) and I tried it right after I got it without any plugs and it about drove me nutz because of the turbulence and exhaust drone that I had not been hearing previously. I was ready to give it away and then I decided to try using it with my plugs in.

I can actually hear someone on the other end of the phone or music (if I choose) better with the ear plugs in then without them. I guess the plugs are just helping block out certain frequencies but I can hear whatever sound is coming throught the speakers on the SENA perfectly with the plugs in. I honestly don't know how guys ride all the time at any speed above 50MPH without ear plugs.

:thumbsup:Much better ride.Pretty quiet but will take getting used to.I wear then all day at work so I like them out but my ears dont ring now.

really glad you tried them. I know they will save your hearing in the long run, but the benefit from the absence of wind noise, making the ride better is priceless:bowdown:. now if i could just keep track of them ill be good.

I had a set made by a place called Big Ear at the International Motorcycle shows. Want to say I paid like $25 for them and they are custom made at the site, in ear silicone plugs. I've had mine for years now and they even offer some headphone models as well that are pretty slick :cool:

I'd like to use them but there is just too many things going on around me with granny cagers. I need to be able to hear everything no matter how small cuz it could mean the difference between smoosh and not smoosh.

I'd like to use them but there is just too many things going on around me with granny cagers. I need to be able to hear everything no matter how small cuz it could mean the difference between smoosh and not smoosh.

Blanca, have you ever tried them? I feel like I can still hear the frequencies that I need to, it's just the wind trubulence and drone that are removed. I think that if you would give them a 2 ride try through the south Florida traffic that you would be amazed at what you hear and what you don't hear.

Back