e85 mod

Burns18

Registered
hi all,
need help,
Im running e85 on my bike since more than a year, but at wot at 5k rpm and more, my afr is not good, too lean, I've tried to squeeze my fuel regulator, but no change, 50/50 in ecueditor : no change, a quantum fuel pump that claims more lph flow than stock pump : no change.
my map is tuned with woolich logbox and I have a aem wideband sensor, of course, I've tried to add more fuel in the map but … no change ^^
could you help me please ?
the Reason that I try to run with E85 is for the cost per liter at the pump gas, because I'm running a lot ( 10000-15000 km per year)
thanks

E85 isn't usually cheaper overall. Yes, it costs less, but you use more. Do your math and find out if you're actually saving money. Then, contrast that with the damage you're going to do with a consistent lean condition.

E85 isn't usually cheaper overall. Yes, it costs less, but you use more. Do your math and find out if you're actually saving money. Then, contrast that with the damage you're going to do with a consistent lean condition.
e85 is half the price of gasoline (0.65 cents for e85 / 1.55 for gasoline) but I use 25 % more fuel. easy to calculate.
it is lean only at wot and to avoid that, I Don't use at wot.

Gotcha. Gasoline must be less heavily subsidized in France.
To your original question, can you replace the secondary injectors with bigger ones and make up the wot difference there? Or put in an adjustable fpr?

Gotcha. Gasoline must be less heavily subsidized in France.
To your original question, can you replace the secondary injectors with bigger ones and make up the wot difference there? Or put in an adjustable fpr?
my motor is 100% stock except the fuel pump (but not sure about the real flow)

An e85 post and no one tagged me?? :(

Anyways, so you’re fully using ecu editor, but just logging with the woodlich box?

If youre tuning with woodlich, flash it back to stock, and then do all the tuning with ecu editor. Ecu editor allows you to run a 3 bar map sensor, and will do boost referenced fueling.

You said “squeeze” your regulator meaning you’re running an in tank pump and crushing the stock regulator to up the pressure?

That type of fuel system doesn’t work on these bikes. In essence you’re regulating fuel pressure before it even hits the rail. Once all the injectors open up you’re basically sucking the rail dry. You need to convert over to a external fuel pump with a 1:1 regulator along with switching over to the 3 bar map and ecu editor.

I’m currently doing an eternal remote mount fuel pump on a members turbo king right now. If you’re not running the exhaust out the back it’s really easy. It can still be done under the tank but it’s more prone to heat soaking and vapor locking the pump.

hey guys, sorry for the response time,
yes I ve crushed the fuel regulator, i have won 5% more fuel on my fuel tab, but it,s not enough,
I'm not sur about what you say, my English is not as good as I want ^^
my actual fuel pump makes some Noisy sounds, (quantum fuel pump) so I'm waiting a aem e85 high flow pump, expected this wednesday

and if the new fuel pump is not the solution, I will restrain the opening of the stp, to avoid lean condition. My goal is not to have a powerful bike with e85.

hello guys, the pump is the issue, the stock one is too weak, the quantum too, but the aem e85 is ok. now, i'm trying to make some datalogs
On my bone stock 08 I was able to tune the bike on e85 with the stock pump.

Crushing the regulator isn’t a great idea. Depending how high your fuel pressure is you run risk of damaging the pump, as well as heating the fuel. Most pumps will actually flow less with increased pressure. Could likely be why the first pump you put in wasn’t doing it’s job.

I tried to tune with the stock pump without crushing the regulator : too lean and the pump makes a Noisy sound with e85. I crushed the regulator : little improvment but not enough
I changed with a quantum high flow pump : the same
and finally, with an aem pump made to run with e85 : all is ok,
may be the stock pump were damaged with the ethanol, because the sound of the pump can be eared when I run the bike.
I'm looking for a new regulator now but at Suzuki, it's too expensive and on the bay, somes regs are at 30$

Back