E-bay china $180 front rotor's

mike04busa

Registered
I need front rotors. I can't see spending $500 on two peice's of steel. Has anyone purchased the cheap one's from e-bay from china or wherever they are for $180 a pair? How bad could they be. I don't wan't to buy them and there crap after one season or less. I don't wan't to buy a used set of stock one's and put them on the bike and they pulsate after a few month's again. Any advice? Thank's.

They're on eBay, from China, and less than half the price of a set from a reputable manufacturer? I don't know about the specific parts you're looking at, but brakes aren't something to cheap out on. Almost every time you use your brakes, you're trusting them with your life.

I don't wan't to buy a used set of stock one's and put them on the bike and they pulsate after a few month's again.

What's the story with this? Are you running through rotors for some other reason?

i need front rotors. I can't see spending $500 on two peice's of steel. Has anyone purchased the cheap one's from e-bay from china or wherever they are for $180 a pair? How bad could they be. I don't wan't to buy them and there crap after one season or less. I don't wan't to buy a used set of stock one's and put them on the bike and they pulsate after a few month's again. Any advice? Thank's.

dont get the chinese ones!!!

The Chinese make great radios and toothbrushes, I wouldnt buy thier brakes tho, alot of $$ to fix what bad brakes can cause

Someone else on the board bought these not long ago and said he had fracture issues not long after installing them. You get what you pay for...

I have a Driven rear rotor on my '06 'Busa and love it. I will definetly get the front ones when I get a job.

I DID by the wave rotors after a buddy of mine used them...honestly...they seem to be working fine so far...i don't do a whole lot of hard riding on them though....I seen an improvement, but i don't know if it is from the replace lines and pads...or a combination of them all.

I wouldn't do it. I would go with some used OEM before those... I saw what looked like a front rim and rotors deal on ebay for 200ish.

I need front rotors. I can't see spending $500 on two peice's of steel. Has anyone purchased the cheap one's from e-bay from china or wherever they are for $180 a pair? How bad could they be. I don't wan't to buy them and there crap after one season or less. I don't wan't to buy a used set of stock one's and put them on the bike and they pulsate after a few month's again. Any advice? Thank's.

Call Tim he has a set from Bremsen for I think 339.00 free shipping US they look the same as my Yana Shiki rotors which were 10 bucks more. They are stopping better than the OEM but I am not a track head or a stunter. I am more of a commuter an tourer with mine

Suzuki Hayabusa Brake Rotors, Galfer, EBC, Bremzen, Moto-Master, RIS Designs, Chrome | Pashnit Moto

here is the link from my thread
I went to his site again an couldn't find them for some reason :(

not sure why he stashing stuff
:poke: jk :laugh:

yana rotor 2.jpg

yana rotor.jpg

I got a pair to the Galfer look alikes off ebay last year. The work just as good as the original i think. I race Maxton at over 200 with them and also drag my knees in the turns on the mountains around here and they always stopped just fine.:thumbsup:

I considered the Ebay one too, but after posting a similar thread I went ahead and saved the money and got mine from pashnitbusa.com. He will be chiming in soon to help you out. He has great prices and will work with you to find something close to your price range. Brakes are not something to cheap out on ( no offense I did the same thing) and after you purchase 2 sets of the china ones you could have bought a good aftermarket brand. Try looking at it like this would you pay $500 to keep from rearending someone, or $500 to be able to grab a handfull of lever when someone pulls out infront of you and KNOW you are going to stop? Its worth it man but good luck to ya.

If you motorcycle doesn't run you will live. If your motorcycle doesn't stop....
Buy a decent product. It's just not worth it.

So I've read through this thread with some interest, but once again almost everybody is only contributing hearsay, I don't see much hard fact. If you know for a fact that these rotors are a problem bring us some useful info.

If you extended the concept of spending more money not to plough into the back of someone, then you all should be running Ohlins shocks, Brembo calipers, stainless lines, pazzo levers etc. but I bet you're not, isn't your life worth spending $175 on Pazzo levers in case the OEM ones break of when you next use them ????

I understand where the author of this thread is coming from. I wouldn't want to compromise my safely either, but I don't want to waste my hard earned cash on supposition.

Back