dynotune dry kit

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
I was surprised to see you can mount the N2O nozzles in the ram air intake before the air cleaner. Is there any "perfect" place for this or will anywhere do so long as it is before the MAF sensor? I am assuming the MAF is the copper boss on the left hand side of the airbox?

Also, is mounting the solenoid in the trunk ok?

The Dynotune kit looks real nice, but since it is for all EFI bikes the installation directions are pretty general.

Thanks

ive always installed the nozzle on the airbox where the ram air meets the airbox.

Also, is mounting the solenoid in the trunk ok?
yes but i have herd the closer to the nozzle the better but i never done it im sure some of the more exp. guys will come around

here is how i mounted my nozzles
IM000700_edited.jpg

IM000706.jpg

you can mount the solinoid in the trunck,i had mine in there for a long time,i recently moved it forward to quicken the hit,i mounted it between the shock and the frame,just behind the motor,and it hits quicker and harder now

the dynotune kit comes with brass elbows,rather then nozzles but they work fine,i have a dyno tune kit on my ZX 12

Thanks alot for the pics and advice, Chevelle! That is exactly where I was thinking of installing mine.

I'll look for a way to mount the solenoid closer to the nozzles as well.

This board is priceless!

Finally got a chance to work on my bike some.  All components of the N20 system are installed except the wiring.  I'm going with a throttle position/RPM window switch from Schnitz racing.  That way I don't have to worry about hitting the button at all.

I'm thinking 8000 RPM on and 10,500 RPM off with TPS at 90% or more.  All I have to do is locate the TPS wire and Tach wire and it should be a cinch.

Also - I ended up mounting my solenoid in the trunk - I'll probably move it forward later when I get time to fab a nice bracket.

The switch will be here Monday (along with my new Tobin seats) - so that will be a long day at work knowing I have parts at home.  With my luck it'll probably rain for a month straight once I get this thing on.

So with this open window system.....what happens if you don't have the nitrous bottle open??? Will that hinder your performance, as the program will change for fuel and such with a PC3(is this is correct) Just a thought I had in mind.
Cause, when I do nitrous I was debating over a window switch or button. I guess just let me know if this will have any effect on ya. I would like to know.

(ColdBusa @ Oct. 21 2006,22:12) So with this open window system.....what happens if you don't have the nitrous bottle open???  Will that hinder your performance, as the program will change for fuel and such with a PC3(is this is correct)  Just a thought I had in mind.
  Cause, when I do nitrous I was debating over a window switch or button.  I guess just let me know if this will have any effect on ya.  I would like to know.
The window switch just puts a 12V output if the following conditions are met: - throttle is at 90% or greater, and the RPM's are between the range that you set. Turning on the bottle only pressurizes the gas up to the solenoid - the switch activates the solenoid allowing the N20 to flow to the intake nozzles. If the bottle isn't on nothing will happen - except I'd run the risk of burning up my solenoid since it needs nitrous in it to keep from burning up.

I'm mounting an arming switch up on my dash - that will arm the whole system.

The only thing I can see wrong with this setup is that it will be possible to fire the nitrous in first gear - which would probably be a wild ride - especially with stock wheelbase like I am now (not for long though).

Sorry so long winded - I'll keep updating this post as I live and learn my way through nitrous.

Cool, thanks for the post.

I forgot about he arming switch, but like you said it would be a wild ride in first gear ( where you are definetely gonna hit the high rpms.

(Ruth|ess @ Oct. 21 2006,22:47) Why would not having pressure up to the solenoid hurt the solenoid? just a q
It won't - I just meant that if the solenoid is energized with no nitrous to it, that it's bad. In the instructions it says that if the solenoid is energized for more than 1 or 2 seconds WITHOUT nitrous being supplied to it, that it will burn up.

So ... if I arm the system and fulfill the criteria of my window switch AND don't have the bottle on - damage will result.

Sorry that first post wasn't clear.

if you mount your arming switch something like this,your hand dosn't leave the bar to arm it

IM000710.jpg

(chevelle @ Oct. 22 2006,08:01) if you mount your arming switch something like this,your hand dosn't leave the bar to arm it

IM000710.jpg
That's awesome - do you have any clearer pics of how you mounted that?

Thanks, Chevelle!

not really...this is the only other pic i have on hand,i just made a simple L shaped bracket,that bolts to the clutch lever bolt,put one of those waterproof rubber booties on,to keep it dry and low profile,it works great,nothing in the way and you don't have to look at it to arm / disarm

IM000701.jpg

Back