Dyno'ed my bike

(BusaCruise @ Dec. 12 2006,21:34) lolol....never under estimate the generosity of a dyno run by harely folks.

they need all the inspiration they can get.

wink.gif
my sentiments exactly
biggrin.gif

Guess I wasn't the only wondering WTF? Well, if he sleeps better at night great.

Lol, jeeze...yes the one who did my dyno run said that he could not get the proper AFR with my canisters still on, since he normally dynos harleys he didnt have the right connection that would fit with my cans still on, i have no clue how it all works. thats just what he said.
all_coholic.gif

(KanjiBusa @ Dec. 13 2006,14:47) Lol, jeeze...yes the one who did my dyno run said that he could not get the proper AFR with my canisters still on, since he normally dynos harleys he didnt have the right connection that would fit with my cans still on, i have no clue how it all works. thats just what he said.  
all_coholic.gif
If you took the cans off to get a reading the numbers would be completely irrelevent due to the lack of back pressure and proper tuning.

The numbers are very nice, just not very true when compared to most stock busa's across the board.

The 16th sprocket also had an effect. That alone is worth an 11% power up on the Dyno, or so i've been told.

(GMbusa @ Dec. 13 2006,11:59) The 16th sprocket also had an effect. That alone is worth an 11% power up on the Dyno, or so i've been told.
16T sprocket has no effect on dyno numbers.  While it does increase "by the seat of your pants acceleration" it doesn't do anything to show an increase in HP or torque numbers at the rear wheel.

Mine was bone stock, and been on 3 different dynos while still stock.  16/42 gearing on every one.  3 dyno pulls: 152.2, 153.4, and 148.6 (everyone on that dyno that day ran about 3% lower than they expected) So that puts mine right about 152 - 153.  Typical for a stock Busa in this climate/elevation

Something is amiss with that dyno.. then again, like others stated... those Hardly guys need all the warm fuzzies they can get after spending so much on their bikes and loud pipes.

I'll believe those numbers after I've been
all_coholic.gif
all night.
NOT

Old Dyno... Harley guys use them to make them feel like they're fast.

Outcome is they still have slow POS and their dyno is alittle high

Find a SAE Dyno bud

I hit 154 with an untuned PC , tre, and a Hindle race exhaust. Would have loved to see 174!

dunno what your elev. is, but here in WI i ran up to 162-158hp on a portable dyno at a track-actually also built for HDs....they cleared out when they saw me wheelin over to the trailer, then ran n grabbed all their friends to come backn watch the pulls....sounded like the bike was goin to fly out the front of the trailer!

@80 deg, with HIGH humididty (it rained n hour later-thats as humid as it gets) I got 160-ish outa my bike-he was able to do AFR with my HMFs on and it was really rich past 5k but he said the weather was srewing some of that up. Dunno how a busa with NO mods makes near the HP mine does-but mebbe you got the Golden Motor, eh?

well, good on ya for sharing the info-glad it looked so good for you.
beerchug.gif

Back