Dynoed bike yesterday. Wow...

badassbusaboy

Registered
Went to philly yesterday for superbikes stunt rider show called clutch control. Man what a good time. While walking around I noticed they were having a dyno shootout, and it was only $25.00 to run. I've Been wanting to dyno her, but the local places are charging to much. So here are the numbers with pipercross air filter, power commander, mufflers from my 02 drilled out, and I also Drilled out the cat in the head pipes, which was a real pain in the ass. When I got the dyno read out I went wow, 188.6 hp. Can't wait to save up for full exhaust.:madfire:

you gotta be careful about "dyno numbers" they can vary 20% from one dyno to the other.. If I am charging you 25$ a pass, I want you to go "Wow" not "Crap"... Operators can make a world of difference

I would think those numbers would be right on if you had a full exhaust, but I'm kinda like these other guys 188 seems kinda high considering the stock exhaust even if it's been drilled on

i would say wow also... since mine stock dynod at 172 .. i find it hard to believe sounds like a very generous dyno? and most all dyno between 169 and 175

Dyno readings are relative with the operators mood.For example..if he wants to convince for something he sells...all he has to do is to manually adjust the enviroment temperature instead of auto in the case he uses his items and wants to promote them.The readings are surely higher.So if you want fare resaults from a "before and after" readind pay attention to the enviroment temperature at those two readings.Only slight differences are allowed if the interval of these readings is max 2 or 3 hours:whistle:

I would think those numbers would be right on if you had a full exhaust, but I'm kinda like these other guys 188 seems kinda high considering the stock exhaust even if it's been drilled on

+1 as well

:thumbsup:Way to **** on his parade guys
you used the same dyno huh? :laugh:

education about "Dyno's" is needed, and we dish it up.. there are a good number of "Expert" dyno operators here that can/will tell you this stuff if you ASK...

Many do not volunteer this info for a couple good reasons but they are not hiding it, just staying out of debates that could cost them money...

fact is, dyno runs should be made, and a baseline established.. you then make runs and assign "+" or "-" values to the runs (gross output is just too subjective to mean that much)

Gross numbers are great for ego's and "Shootouts"

Also Eng form factory are all different. They can very +/- 10 HP it is how the head casting, cam timing, and ect. I have seen them come out of the crate with more then the stated HP and some with less. Checking the cam timing and make sure the ports are free of burrs and casting marks, Combustion Chambers CCs are all different. No stock head is the same out of the box. Factory racing teams with pick a head from 10 stock ones to find the one that will make the best power. :whistle:

I definatelty plan to have mine dynoed soon. My '05 Gixxer with a slip-on and air-filter made 154.1 and that seems like a decent number to start with. I would expect the Hayabusa to put out in the low 170's. I have read of guys getting close to 190 with a full exhaust, filter and custom PCIII tune. The 188 seems unlikely, but hey....

First time someone told me that dyno's were off that much, I was pissed cause my car had just put out some good numbers. I went and did the research and he wasn't lying. Dyno's are so unpredictable it pisses me off.

I hate dyno's. I just laugh when people their numbers and they think they for real, like I did, until I foun dout the truth.

However, I love seeing dyno numbers when people have their stock numbers, then put a second dyno run up with the upgrades they did. I like seeing the difference things make in power.

First time someone told me that dyno's were off that much, I was pissed cause my car had just put out some good numbers. I went and did the research and he wasn't lying. Dyno's are so unpredictable it pisses me off.

I hate dyno's. I just laugh when people their numbers and they think they for real, like I did, until I foun dout the truth.

However, I love seeing dyno numbers when people have their stock numbers, then put a second dyno run up with the upgrades they did. I like seeing the difference things make in power.
yea the information is not very popular but I think you have the right idea for usage.. comparison's...

I am never very popular for bringing this up ever either.. :whistle:

Yosh no air cleaner no PC

Dyno_numbers.jpg

yea the information is not very popular but I think you have the right idea for usage.. comparison's...

I am never very popular for bringing this up ever either.. :whistle:
Are you ever very popular? :poke: :rofl:

Yeah, beat the horse and all, comparison is what it's really good for. Numbers to stroke the Ego are kinda nice though...

you gotta be careful about "dyno numbers" they can vary 20% from one dyno to the other.. If I am charging you 25$ a pass, I want you to go "Wow" not "Crap"... Operators can make a world of difference

Randy is correct. I had my bike on a dealer dyno at few years ago. They were offering $10 runs for everyone. There were 4 completely stock Busa(s) were making 15 horsepower LESS than Suzuki specs.

With a few mods,.......and a great tune,.........mine made 20 hp over the stockers. IF it hadn't been for a "baseline" of several stock bikes prior to my run,...........I would have been pissed!!:cussing:

Back