Dyno'd Today

TreyYoung

Registered
Went to the closed course in Burksville KY today, and they had a Dyno. All Dyno'd within a few minutes of each other. Below are the results:
13 HP4 - 175.67
11 S1000RR (full Akrapovic Exhaust) - 174.51
11 S1000RR (Totally stock, shown below) - 170.91
08 Busa (Grey in color, totally stock) - 162.5
08 ZX-10 (Full Exhaust) - 161.6

2011 S1000RR.jpg

2011 S1000RR Dyno 6-1-13 171HP.jpg

It's good that you noted the color of the Busa. :laugh:

I'd like to have seen an unleashed 2011+ ZX-10R in that lineup too.

I would have liked to have seen a Green 2012 ZX-14 too. We did have an 08 zx-14 (full exhaust), I think he pulled 164. Also an 05 GIXXER 1k (slip-on) @ 161

Trey, did it rain or did you get thru the day with good weather? How was the Alpine run?

Friend of mine down here owns the first new Zx10 to have come to the us. Kawi wanted it back but he refused. He is the first one to have cracked the new code and gotten limiter off. Bike makes over 200hp at the wheel and has been 206mph.
It's called the Garthbike. Search for it.

Trey, did it rain or did you get thru the day with good weather? How was the Alpine run?

The ride there, only hit a couple wet spots. All good while we were there. You could make as many passes as you wanted since the chance for rain scared people off. The ride back, not too bad but got wet...

On the way there, the 08 Busa crashed, left hander (probably why it only pulled 162, grass in the tailpipe). He was mostly OK, usual cuts an bruises. Bike slide under a guardrail so unfortunately it got both sides, but still nothing major.

Unfortunately Chris & Kim (the two-up that you met) crashed on the way back. Bike (RC51) is totaled. I think both have broken hands.

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everybody turns out ok.

You make comment regarding crashed Busa thinking maybe it made less hp due to crash?
Why would a crashed bike make less hp but still be good enough to do dyno runs and ride?
Think the bike was just pissed off and didn't feel like playing anymore? :)
Only asking not questioning you.

And I really like the yellow and black on your bike.

Friend of mine down here owns the first new Zx10 to have come to the us. Kawi wanted it back but he refused. He is the first one to have cracked the new code and gotten limiter off. Bike makes over 200hp at the wheel and has been 206mph.
It's called the Garthbike. Search for it.

I've read some about that one. Nice! :thumbsup:

Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everybody turns out ok.

You make comment regarding crashed Busa thinking maybe it made less hp due to crash?
Why would a crashed bike make less hp but still be good enough to do dyno runs and ride?
Think the bike was just pissed off and didn't feel like playing anymore? :)

Only asking not questioning you.

And I really like the yellow and black on your bike.

Ha yeah I was joking (not about the crash, as he did crash). You are right, probably pissed off and that is why it only pulled a 162, well that and not being the fastest color.

Saiid, if you rode Trey's bike, it would make you salivate to have one :)

Trey you coming to Barber next weekend? You need me to put another lap or two on it for you? :)

Something's not right unless it was really 104-degrees where you dynoed today? ???

Lol saw you on the BMW site Got, same answer:

No, but he was inside a trailer and it was hot in there. Sure it wasn't 104 (very humid though), but he was sweating worse than many of us in full leathers... The point is, all were done within a few minutes of each other so conditions were similar with each bike.

I had the 11 s1000rr dynoed today. I left the Black Busa at home, but I am sure it would have posted better than 162. I think the Grey one was just having issues for some reason.

Saiid, if you rode Trey's bike, it would make you salivate to have one :)

Trey you coming to Barber next weekend? You need me to put another lap or two on it for you? :)

Can't make it Keith, work has me tied up. Next time though. Planning on being there in August with Chris, you going? Also, VIR in September, they will be combining both tracks and making a 4+ mile lap.

I had my 2012 Busa on a Dyno all stock was 169 SAE and after full pipe and Bazzaz it went up to a 177 SAE....the s1000's that day were about the same as your numbers.

Lol saw you on the BMW site Got, same answer:

No, but he was inside a trailer and it was hot in there. Sure it wasn't 104 (very humid though), but he was sweating worse than many of us in full leathers... The point is, all were done within a few minutes of each other so conditions were similar with each bike.

I had the 11 s1000rr dynoed today. I left the Black Busa at home, but I am sure it would have posted better than 162. I think the Grey one was just having issues for some reason.

It's still apples-to-apples since it's same day, same dyno....just makes me wonder about the tuner/dyno when those numbers are used if it's not actual. I'd take them all to another shop for the heck of it and see what the numbers change to... :laugh:

Back