Dyno'd The Busa Today

TreyYoung

Registered
Finally put the busa on the dyno, pulled 179.95. As most of you know, this is a 2011 completely stock "Black" Busa, with 22k miles. Purchased new out of the box in June 2011.

I believe the R1 (attached pic) that went just before the Busa, pulled a 162.

You all might remember I Dyno'd the S1000RR a few weeks ago. Yes it was on a different Dyno, but under similar conditions, and it pulled a 171.

Both are great

2011 Hayabusa - 179.95HP.jpg

2011 S1000RR Dyno 6-1-13 171HP.jpg

Busa Dyno.jpeg

7.jpg

The owner put his 2012 Panigale w a S/O & tuned on the Dyno, and pulled 184. I am not sure what an S/O is, but I am pretty happy with the stock Busa @ 22k miles pulling 4 less HP as a new tuned Panigale

Get yourself a Brock's pipe and a few other goodies installed and slap it back on the dyno for comparison... ;)

You'll thank yourself for dropping 30lbs off the bike, let alone the 10-15whp power increase... :beerchug:

The owner put his 2012 Panigale w a S/O & tuned on the Dyno, and pulled 184. I am not sure what an S/O is, but I am pretty happy with the stock Busa @ 22k miles pulling 4 less HP as a new tuned Panigale

That's because Panigale's are too much money for too little performance :laugh:

So that means when I was spraying I was making more than 179 hp the day we raced.......heck yeah lol

Just a question, what break-in process did you do? A dyno break in or the manufacturer's recommended easy street break in?

Just a question, what break-in process did you do? A dyno break in or the manufacturer's recommended easy street break in?

Easy street and by the manuals instructions. I might have went above the recommended rpm (can't remember what the manual said) a couple times, but not much.

The soon as you take it off the lot and twist it to 10,000 rpm break-in method!

I don't buy into that easy break-in crap!...but what do I know :dunno:

Back