Dyno

Yeah it can vary from dyno to dyno and also your elevation can play some what of a role i heard or it could be hear say i don;t know i'm pulling a 156.9 with HMF dual high mounts a K&n and Medium air box mod but no power commander so who knows i do think bikes vary alot even from stock i have had a few people tell me i should be about another 10 hp higher ;) oh well will be more next spring after the turbo install
biggrin.gif

Sorry Folks, Hate to be the old dude throwing out the obvious here...but...If you cannot post a legit Dyno slip or Chart, talking about your HP is meaning less. Lets keep it real folks, we can talk and we can dream, but without actual dyno proof, it's just chest thumpin and bobo swinging.

Oh yeah, By the way my totally stock 02 SE saw 183 on the dyno last week...See what I mean?

145hp with RS3 cans only. No braggin' here. My mechanic was in a hurry to close his shop and he did it for free.

My bike dynoed on a 95 degree day with a heat index of 107. In the winter with cold temp you can get a more HP.
I have the A&J bit nos kit. 150 HP kit. I'm still playing with the dyno trying to hit 300 HP.
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

158.3 with the mods listed in my signature...
sad.gif

It was 158.2 with the PCIIIr unplugged! Guess it was worth the $320.

-Rip

158.3 with the mods listed in my signature...  
sad.gif

It was 158.2 with the PCIIIr unplugged!  Guess it was worth the $320.

-Rip
bad map you need help
JC,

the shop I took it too just downloaded the map offline... They said it is too tough to go through altering stuff... Do other shops do ACTUAL custom maps? I am debating going to another place (that Dynojet listed as "certified"), but I am not sure if it will be worth another $150 if it will turn out the same!

Thanks in advance, Rip.

a cutom map is just that custom made for that bike.
a downloaded map is made in and A/C controled room (unless stated otherwise)and was made on someone elses bike
A good tuning center wit A GOOD TUNER not someone who thinks they know is worth thr $$$ I only charge $200.00 and I know I am cheap but some of these shops charging 400.00 OUCH!
And what is even worse is the shops charging to sell you a downloaded map
AAAssjani.gif

152 stock,

HMF high mounts
PcIIIr
BMC
Small box mod
Ram air seals
Mesh 'removed'

Resulted with 169rwhp, & 101 lb/ft

Thanks to the hard work of the administrators I am finally able to post pictures again. As stated above I am running stock except for Yosh RS3 race cans and a remap. 158 rear tire HP. The low line is when the cam chain was off by a tooth.
dynorun.jpg

Well, I went to a “BETTERâ€￾ dyno tuning shop today and had my ‘busa re-done… My baseline was 158.3 HP / 95.4 ft/lb Torque (this was created by the last place I did it). The new place remapped my ECU chip and altered my fuel/air mixture throughout the RPMs and got me 166.4 HP / 99.4 ft/lb Torque! Also, the bike runs MUCH smoother all of the way through the RPM range now (there is no sputter). All-in-all, the better dyno place gave me peak performance! That is a 5% increase in HP just by remapping the fuel/air mixture. SCHWEET!

-Vaughn.

Well, I went to a “BETTERâ€￾ dyno tuning shop today and had my ‘busa re-done…  My baseline was 158.3 HP / 95.4 ft/lb Torque (this was created by the last place I did it).  The new place remapped my ECU chip and altered my fuel/air mixture throughout the RPMs and got me 166.4 HP / 99.4 ft/lb Torque!  Also, the bike runs MUCH smoother all of the way through the RPM range now (there is no sputter).  All-in-all, the better dyno place gave me peak performance!  That is a 5% increase in HP just by remapping the fuel/air mixture. SCHWEET!

-Vaughn.
Holy crap......that's awesome RIP......I'm gonna look for a good shop around here.
beerchug.gif

Back