Dyno

2012busa

Registered
Just wondering if anybody has had a 2nd generation busa on the dyno with a bmc race air filter, power commander V and a tsukigi cannon exhaust and of course the pair valve blocked. If not exactly, something similar to the above and the numbers it put up. I have ordered the above items for my 2012 busa and can't wait to get and install them. Then to hit the dyno to see what it puts up! Hopefully will get it all on by next weekend depending if I decide to powder coat the exhaust. Thanks in advance for the numbers.

Sounds like a good plan. You could have done without the PCV if you have a good tuner that can tune through the ECU. But the PCV is pretty good as well. Bike should hit 180-187 range in HP with a lot of factors contributing + or -

Welcome to the org. Lets see some pics

Just wondering if anybody has had a 2nd generation busa on the dyno with a bmc race air filter, power commander V and a tsukigi cannon exhaust and of course the pair valve blocked. If not exactly, something similar to the above and the numbers it put up. I have ordered the above items for my 2012 busa and can't wait to get and install them. Then to hit the dyno to see what it puts up! Hopefully will get it all on by next weekend depending if I decide to powder coat the exhaust. Thanks in advance for the numbers.

Go baseline the bike on the dyno you plan to use when mods are complete. That way you can confirm your bike is 100% before the mods and compare actual gains and not be guessing on the results when complete... ;)

I have Akro carbon titanium pc5 and put up 181hp 109Tq and ran over 200mph...dyno shuts down at 200

BSD,
Thinking real hard about doing a Carpenter style 235hp motor package and then having Frank do the Turbo next year. Sorry to steal the post.

BSD,
Thinking real hard about doing a Carpenter style 235hp motor package and then having Frank do the Turbo next year. Sorry to steal the post.

Don't waste the money if you are going Turbo. A good N/A package isn't what you want for the Turbo so you'll pay twice changing it back...

Have the exact setup you asked about except have a stock air filter. First dyno run had canon without PCV or tune. (180.62 and 106 .22 torque). After PCV and tune 186.69 and 109.08 torque. Had the lower gears timing put back in and the speed limiter and RPM limiter removed. HP wasn't that much greater, but the driveablility made it feel so much better. Gas mileage has remained about the same (40 MPG in town driving). Total cost was 250 for tune, 300 for PCV, 85 for PCV install and ECU flash (plus 8.65% sales tax). This was done at Smithers Customs in Olathe, Kansas on April 4th of this year. Very happy with the results.

I have my bike getting a dyno right now. I guess I'll get a printout of my hp and tq and top speed when I go pick it up? Is that what I should expect?

Don't waste the money if you are going Turbo. A good N/A package isn't what you want for the Turbo so you'll pay twice changing it back...

I see what you mean. I meant the 220hp Carpenter package which would, in fact, be a good set-up for turbo. I don't know if I want all the power that a turbo puts out and its a hell of a lot of coin. From what I'm told its like a normal bike and then at half throttle all hell breaks loose. I know I'll enjoy the bragging rights. Anyway, thanks for pointing out my error.

I see what you mean. I meant the 220hp Carpenter package which would, in fact, be a good set-up for turbo. I don't know if I want all the power that a turbo puts out and its a hell of a lot of coin. From what I'm told its like a normal bike and then at half throttle all hell breaks loose. I know I'll enjoy the bragging rights. Anyway, thanks for pointing out my error.

No that would not be. If you are going Turbo you will want a much different setup. If they are taking it apart to port the head you will want a completely different setup, they are not interchangeable. A Turbo setup properly does NOT have an on/off throttle response like many describe. A proper tune with a boost controller is no different than a high HP N/A bike... ;)

Ok, got it. Will have to talk with tuner/motorman and see what he's talking about. I must have misunderstood him. Thanks again, Nic

Back