Dyno

Not sure of all the differences, but only a dynojet can "talk" to a powercommander for mapping purposes.

personaly I prefer the Factory EC977 over the dynojet anything. I'll admit that the dynojet dyno's are more popular but I think that's because of the relative prices.

A factory pro unit is usually a 4 or 5 gas system which will tell you much much more compared to the o2 sensor on a DJ250i. Is it necessary to tune one? No, but there can be some advantages. For very high level R&D a 5 gas analyzer might be the way to go.

I’m not sure where your question is heading, but both are very good systems. Normally the operator will have more of an influence in final results than anything. The same bike will report less HP on a Factory pro than a 250i. Typically the 250i will report less than earlier DJ models. The bike is still producing the same power but some guys get caught up in numbers.

personaly I prefer the Factory EC977 over the dynojet anything. I'll admit that the dynojet dyno's are more popular but I think that's because of the relative prices.

I think I fully understand your opinion on this.

I think it depends on the intended use.
If I was doing R&D work or large in-house racing program, I agree on the FP unit with the higher end gas analysis.
If I had a shop doing retail work, a 250i with its tune link capabilities might be a better choice. Less operator training for tuning power commander equipped bikes with a much faster turn over.

If I was doing both I would have to weigh the decision carefully before spending the resources.

Best case would be three units. A fully loaded FP, a 250i, and a loose inertia
unit that would put out high numbers for advertising and to satisfy the dyno racers!

Back