Dyno tune

lot boy

Registered
well i have found a "dynojet aproved" tuner in my area--he will dyno tune my bike for 250$.
i am currently running the brock system with airbox mod, pair removel and brocks map-- is it worth 250$ to have it dynotuned or is brocks setup pretty close ? i hate to pay 250 bones for about 2 hp. Any opinions?

Depends how many pulls the $250 includes. If it is truely tunning until it is at it's best, no matter how many pulls the tunning takes.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139511724 -->

Also check what type of bikes they have tunned with success and look at the power gains before you do it.

i just got off the phone with another tuner and he said i was looking at about ......you guessed it 2/3 hp--whew glad he was an honest dude
wink.gif
he said that he couldnt improve on brocks map enuff for me to really notice--

I don't really think that it would be worth the 2-3 hp increase, but that's just my opinion.

The Dyno tuning I've seen for the local area are normally priced per hour and not a flat rate.  They are only charging to cover the tech's time.  This is based on two different shops I've talked to, and they both specialize in building race bikes for both drags and road racing.

EDIT: $250 would get you about 3-1/2 hours worth of dyno time.

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139520250 -->

well i have found a "dynojet aproved" tuner in my area--he will dyno tune my bike for 250$.
i am currently running the brock system with airbox mod, pair removel and brocks map--  is it worth 250$ to have it dynotuned or is brocks setup pretty close ?  i hate to pay 250 bones for about 2 hp. Any opinions?
Thanks for starting this thread. I have the same setup as you and was thinking about getting a dynotune myself. I thought it would have increased the HP by more than that.

you all focus on the wrong things about custom mapping.
okay you might gain 1-8 ponies but this is at 100% throttle. How often are you at full throttle everyday?
rock.gif
??
custom mapping will not only gain at 100% but the WHOLE map. rideabilty is the name of the game. if you gain 1 pony at 100% but, the rest of your map suxs getting to the 100% is going to hurt you big time.

Back