Dyno-tune or new sprocket and chain?

edcop

Banned
I have an appointment on Wed. for a dyno-tune on my 2008 busa.

my busa runs fine and every thing, all i have is a map downloaded from the net that the dealer put in my pc3.

A friend of mine today said I should spend the money on getting new sprockets, +3 in rear and new chain.

How important is it in getting a dyno-tune compared to a map downloaded from the internet?

A dyno tune will get ya HP that the downloaded map won't give ya. The bike will also be smoother overall, so I've been told. I've had my car dyno tuned and it feels better.
Gettin a new larger rear Sprocket will give tu the feeling of more HP via the gear ratio change. However, you will be riding at higher rpm's while just cruising around and lose top speed.
I'd get the dyno tune then look into a new Sprocket. As far as the chain goes, how many miles do ya have on the bike? If its time for a new one, get that first, good maintenance.

Droid via Tapatalk

Sell your pc, get your ecu flashed and take the money from selling your pc to pay for new chain and sprockets :thumbsup:

Dyno tuning, if done correctly, will maximize your bikes performance while optimizing it's efficiency. The generic maps provided on the internet are NOT specific to your bike. The maps are created as a "good start" for all bikes of that make/model/modification. Every bike on the market makes power differently. Dyno tune optimizes YOUR bike.

Changing sprockets and chains will give you more percieved torque, however, it is tougher overall on your engine, transmission and especially your clutch!

DYNO, DYNO, DYNO! :cheerleader:

Custome dyno tune/time. WTG.. but as mentioned before. Make sure your bike it up to it. Make sure your oil, tires, chain, valves.. if its time.. get those done first, but if your par... DYNO TUNE!

dont fear the gear! do sprocket and chain, son :) dyno tune on a stock bike is a waste of time and money, wont change anything that you'd notice.

i went +5 rear sprocket on mine, and glad i did! but i did dyno as well, made 159rwhp/97lbtq, and before the tune it was 153rwhp/98rwtq, and if i had to pick tune or sprocket, id pick sprockets no question about it!

cheers,

- Kons

dont fear the gear! do sprocket and chain, son :) dyno tune on a stock bike is a waste of time and money, wont change anything that you'd notice.

i went +5 rear sprocket on mine, and glad i did! but i did dyno as well, made 159rwhp/97lbtq, and before the tune it was 153rwhp/98rwtq, and if i had to pick tune or sprocket, id pick sprockets no question about it!

cheers,

- Kons

Its not stock dad,
It has a full titaniaum dual Tiforce exhaust and BMC race filter.

i would make sure the bike is safe before a tune ....exam make sure chain and sprokets in good shape oil done and airfilter etc. then get her dinoed.

Back