Dyno run 27th June 2015

bigdev

Registered
Hi,

Attached is a dyno run (Andy Martindale at J33 Dyno at Galgate England).
After doing an initial run to get a base line with a previously remapped ecu (same tuner, same dyno) fitted with standard plugs, a pipercross air filter and Pipewerx Carbon Cans which came out at 178.76 BHP, max torgue 106.48, the plugs were changed for Brisk racing plugs and a SF Sprint Air Filter which after tweaking the ECU then recorded 183.13 BHP with a max torgue of 110.01. Not a bad increase for a little outlay.

Interestingly after fitting the Brisk plugs and SF Air filter and after an initial run and ecu tweak it was apparent to me sat listening, that the exhaust note sounded sharper and she sounded like she was pulling better as Andy wound her up thru the gears.

So, how did this transfer to road riding and my seat of the pants dyno, pretty much as per the dyno runs, she definitely picked her skirts up better and she was off like a scalded cat. I was well impressed and couldn't help but gas it up everywhere it was safe to.

So, would I recommend Brisk plugs and SF Filters, a big YES. Cheapest horses money can buy!(I have no connection to any of the business's mentioned).

Ride fast but ride safe!

Bigdev

View attachment 2008 Hayabus Gen 2 Dyno Run 27th June 2015.pdf

Next step is a supercharger, I considered a turbo but no way do I want that mother kicking in when I'm banked over riding the twisties ::9

Next step is a supercharger, I considered a turbo but no way do I want that mother kicking in when I'm banked over riding the twisties ::9
I'm sure others will chime in this but a turbo is not just going to kick into boost like that. It's very controlled by you the rider.

If you continue with your decision with a supercharger, please please run a post here with too many pictures and lots of write ups. I want to do this as well (not quite there yet).

Continue!!! it's a done deal. It was going to be a winter project but I'm too impatient to wait so Andy from J33 Dyno is sorting out prices for me and of course I will post progress on here. Can't wait :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to it Viper and hope to get started in about a month from now. I'm already buying rear tires in bulk :lol:

please please make a thread build would you? Lots of pictures.

Back