Dyno-Drag video

Abi

Donating Member
Registered
Rode out to LaCrosse WI this past weekend for the S&S 50th Anniversary Bash with all my cruiser/Harley buds. While at the speedway they had the Geico Dyno-Drag truck. After watching several Harleys and choppers my friends all talked me into putting my bike up on it. They paid the $30 so why not. After I pulled my bike around another kid with a CBR600RR jumped in. I think he knew he was going to get beat but he wanted to see what his bike could do. I've never drag raced before so I wasn't sure what to expect but man I'm glad I did it, it was great. Makes me get the itch to go to a real track and see what I can do. I'd recommend it to anyone who has never raced and wants to get a taste of the real thing. My times were 9.44, 9.33 and 9.20. Here's a video of my last run, you get three races.

Nice reaction, strong launch, excellent shifts...ONLY 146MPH
rock.gif
??........JUST KIDDING !!!!!....Nice kill, strong...."really strong".....
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

HECK...I went back and watched it again....love the sound of a strong Busa...."I LOVE THESE MACHINES !!!!!"
coolold.gif

super.gif

super.gif

I ran one of those here in Sacramento. I kept having trouble with the rollout - there is none
smile.gif

In a car or bike on the strip, you leave before the yellow - not so on a dyno.

I ran one of those here in Sacramento.  I kept having trouble with the rollout - there is none
smile.gif

In a car or bike on the strip, you leave before the yellow - not so on a dyno.
Ya with these once you stage you can only move your back tire about 2 inches or you'll redlight. The kid on the CBR redlighted each time, but they tell you to keep racing to get your horsepower rating. I held my foot on the brake until green to make sure my tire didn't move.

your real results may vary.. most of the busa guys I see ride run mid to high 10's first times out.. (real track)

Watched a third, fourth, and fifth time...BOY that motor sounds goooooood !!!!!!!....
coolold.gif

$30?!?! Man, I'd be hitting that a few times. Better than any arcade game! Looks like the HP is on too from what I've been seeing everyone post. Nice way to get your bike dynoed.

$30?!?! Man, I'd be hitting that a few times. Better than any arcade game! Looks like the HP is on too from what I've been seeing everyone post. Nice way to get your bike dynoed.
Horsepower is real close.  I had my Dynod a few years ago with the Full Hindle, PC3, small air box mod, 16t front sprocket and it was at 163rwhp.

If anyone is interested here is the website with a calender of where this thing will be.

http://www.mygreatrides.com/home.php

Did one couple years ago. It's a blast. Don't have to worry about front end coming up or back end going sideways. Just turn it loose and shift.

Back