Dunlop Roadsmart tires

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, found a few reviews and a video found by Mountainmotor... My next set of tires is going to be the Dunlop RoadSmart tires..
In your surfing if you find a better price delivered than $277.00 post it... (this site is posted below)

Thanks@!

Links on tires themselves:
SuperBike.com

Best price so far I have found is 277.00 TYD from Phat Performance

Last edited by a moderator:
well?...the video didn't really impress me...looked more focused on riding than science...2 second faster lap times on the last tires tested?...what appeared to be 20 degree wet leans?...

now what did impress me was my dunlop qualifiers...especially in the wet....

06FBASH10.jpg

i always put "STICK" ahead of "milage"....me and my bikes live longer that way.
smile.gif

jmho and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Probably a good tire. But for now, I'm going to stick with the qualifiers.

I need a tire that gets a few miles down the straights.. Qualifier is a bit too soft for everyday commuting unless you have a large tire budget..

Keeping in mind that the tire (in prototype form) placed second in both sets of conditions (I ride a good bit of rain every year) I would be curious how much different the production tire scores in this same testing..

Trying to build a tire to out corner the qualifier would be a tall order I think, but building a tire that takes the best of both the Pilot road and the qualifier I thought was impressive..

I want P.Road mileage with Qualifier handling (unrealistic) but this might prove a good in between tire..

I wish they had run this test against the Pilot Road 2ct

I too, will not give up grip for mileage. Love those Qualifiers!

Hey Jinks! I see you are still alive and kickin! How the hell are you way off down there in the Sunshine State! I don't even like you when I look outside up here and find day after day of rain/snow mix. I had one day of half azz decent riding weather in January! Bumer!

I see you are still on those Qualifiers! I to, will not give up performance for mileage. While the qualifiers don't last as long as we'd like, they do give me that wide margin of safety for error. One error such as chopping the throttle in mid corner and tucking the front will cost you many times over what you will save with the purchase of touring tires.

I was wondering if you fell off the wagon and went back to your PP's? I remember when you were like the rest of the crowd and vigorously defended the PP's as the best tires God ever created
bowdown.gif
Until I coached you into trying a set of qualifiers. I'm happy to see you are still in love!
heart.gif
I've converted a number of my friends from PP's to Qualifiers and thus far, none have looked back.

We are running Pirelli's on all our race bikes and late last fall, Pirelli gave me a set of Corsa III's to try out on my GSXR1000 road bike. Although I didn't have much good weather to play with them before the rains were upon us and have not had them on the track, I'm impressed with these tires as well. I'll let you know if they hold up to the Qualifier? I think the rear will probably last longer with the dual compound? The rear has a full one third (Three times more than the PP 2ct)of the tread area on either side filled with genuine race rubber where the PP 2ct's have only 11% of each shoulder. The Corsa III's also have a stiffer carcass which I like as well. There is a possibility I could be converted from a Qualifier to a Corsa III?
fight.gif
However, unlikely!
smileyexhibit.gif

Good to see you are enjoying that Florida Sunshine, YOU BUM!
tounge.gif

I too will stick with my Qualifiers.

Bogus, I pay my dealership around $150 for a rear Qualifier, you'll have to get almost 6000 miles out of a $277 tire (plus shipping) to break EVEN on it.

Looks like you are trading down with no savings overall...
rock.gif
smile.gif

You coming to Eureka Springs in June? I'll let you take a loop around some twisties on my 190/55 rear and you'll be SO in love with the turn-in...
drools.gif

I too, will not give up grip for mileage. Love those Qualifiers!
Hey if I had $250 a month for tires, I would run ultra sticky too but I ran almost 15K in 6 months and so straight line mileage is an issue..

Without running track days, it is another thing too. I do not have enough faith in public roads to really push any tire to its limits.. Coming from AZ and the southwest, you never know when a corner is going to have loose gravel in it.. (30 some years without throwing a bike down here)

Now line me up for track time and I will buy a race or close to race tire without worrying about running them again..
smile.gif
if you guys run trackdays, how come you do not run full race tires anyway?

I certainly understand your delima. I don't think you are alone, as there are lots of fellow riders who are interested in better mileage balanced with annual tire cost.

I do run Pirelli slicks on track days. However, it is also a good idea to take your favorite street tires to the track to see just what they have to offer in a controled enviroment?

My theory on tires is, that little patch of rubber the size of a silver dollar is the only thing between me and disaster. I have been on the deck so many times I've invented ways to crash. For me, saving a few bucks on tires is not a compromise I'm willing to entertain.

However, if I was using a bike to commute to work or touring the country, with no agressive riding in mind, I'd have no problem in doing it on touring tires. There is definately a place for touring tires. It's up to the individual to chose tires wisely.

I too will stick with my Qualifiers.

Bogus, I pay my dealership around $150 for a rear Qualifier, you'll have to get almost 6000 miles out of a $277 tire (plus shipping) to break EVEN on it.

Looks like you are trading down with no savings overall...  
rock.gif

smile.gif

You coming to Eureka Springs in June? I'll let you take a loop around some twisties on my 190/55 rear and you'll be SO in love with the turn-in...  
drools.gif
$277 was for a set of tires, front and rear, not just one tire.

I was not trying to start a tire debate... they always go on for pages and do not change anyones minds about a thing..

Tire picks are like paint jobs, everyone has their own tastes. My needs are far different than many other guys.. I have no desire to push the bike to its limits on the street. I am to old for that, have seen far to many crashes and have seen far far to many ruined rides by bikes getting dumped on the ground.

I can have fun and still leave a 1/16 of an inch of chicken strip on the tire.

I have been close to 200mph on the water and closer to 300 on the ground and ALWAYS under controlled conditions. Safety crews, fire support, ambulance and air evac were always right there.. no cars, no cops, and 110% attention to the task at hand.. Sort of like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, you do so knowing all the variables and risks.. Running hard on public roads to me is just to much of a crap shoot. :bok bok bok: < my best chicken
smile.gif

My tire requirements are a bit different than someone that lays the bike over on a daily basis.

Debates are a good source of information. I've learned much during debates on different issues, tires included. A debate should not be an argument but the sharing of ideas.

I agree, anyone running 100% on public roads is dancing at the devils door.

Back