dunlop roadsmart tire

Bruce Bell

Registered
I just bought a Roadsmart Dunlop for next season. $151 to the door. Any comments on this tire. I don't do the track thing, do some twisty, in general mostly trips and zipping around town. I think this tire will do me fine. Like to hear from the pros in here what they think.

Best tire I've run to date. They are holding up very well and the sides are nice and grippy for the twisties. I was dragging the stator cover on the dragon at the bash.

Most people ask questions and then buy, but you have made a good choice. You will get great mileage as well as have good grip!

Thanks for the reply. I assumed you might have been talking about a set of tires, not just the rear for the $151

All your sport/ touring tires are big money, probably cause you get good mileage out of them. Sorry if I misled you, but these babies go for $180 in some stores. Done allot reading on this tire and I think it's going to be worth the money.

Have you watched STG's Santa Van Videos? Halarious!

He comes to most STT trackdays at Barber.

I'm going to wait until I learn more about Dunlops NEW Sportsmart tire which appears to be an improvement/upgrade to the Roadsmart which is already a great everyday tire. I sent Dunlop an email with specific questions on the Sportsmart. Will be interesting to see what Dunlop has to say!

According to what Dunlop has on their website the Sportsmart seems to be a cross between the Roadsmart and the Q2. The rule of thumb is a tourning tire such as the Roadsmart should never be run with less than 36psi cold due to the heavy carcass. Dunlop says the Sportsmart pressure can be lowered for track days with improved grip on the sides and improved mileage in the center. I'm a huge fan of "Made in USA" Dunlop and anxious to see what this new Sportsmart tire has to offer!

I'm going to wait until I learn more about Dunlops NEW Sportsmart tire which appears to be an improvement/upgrade to the Roadsmart which is already a great everyday tire. I sent Dunlop an email with specific questions on the Sportsmart. Will be interesting to see what Dunlop has to say!

According to what Dunlop has on their website the Sportsmart seems to be a cross between the Roadsmart and the Q2. The rule of thumb is a tourning tire such as the Roadsmart should never be run with less than 36psi cold due to the heavy carcass. Dunlop says the Sportsmart pressure can be lowered for track days with improved grip on the sides and improved mileage in the center. I'm a huge fan of "Made in USA" Dunlop and anxious to see what this new Sportsmart tire has to offer!

Only thing I can find on the Sportsmart tires in on the Euro site. Wonder what's up with that.

I'm 3/4s through the tread on my first set of Roadsmarts. They seem to have great mileage as I'm at 6000 on them now. I'm hoping for 9000. I just rode with a sportbike group and a guy in front of me crashed with his R1 wearing Michelin PCT or something 2s. My Dunlops held firm on a BKing! I wiegh at least 150lbs more than he did, total bike and rider difference probably 250lbs!! So they will hold on the sides. They are not meant for lots of twisties though. You would wear out the sides first if you used them that way. I am going to try the Sportsmart next. The Dunlop Qualifiers (not the Q2s) that came stock on my bike really gripped well and lasted 9000 miles of easy riding. Good Luck on your tire purchase.

will be giving the road smarts ago myself next , been running storms , love em but taking the sides right off the front in 4k :banghead:

Back