Dunlop Qualifiers

el stumpo

Registered
So while I'm getting ready for the Bash, I put on new rubber Front and Rear. Dunlop Qualifiers. Should be good for a run to the Bash.
woot.gif

While putting on my tires, I saw the front and thought I had the rotation correct with the tread pattern going from rear-out to front-in. I was surprised that the I had the rotation backwards! It's front-out to rear-in! Good thing I looked!
winkold.gif

I double checked the rear rotation and put it on. Took the bike out to check everything and it feels good. While the bike was parked, I took a look at the rear and thought, wow, that's weird. The rear goes front-in to rear-out. I thought, geeze, that doesn't look right, the tread pattern doesn't seem to match. I double and triple checked the rotation and yep, it is correct.
rock.gif

Here is a picture of what the treads look like going in the same direction. Do you guys have any ideas why they would do that for the same brand/model of tire?
dunno.gif

qualifiers_fnr.jpg

The new silica compounds in the Dunlop qualifiers are formulated with baked in chromolium which is a highly magnetic element and reacts with heated pavement [and increases magneticity with tire heating] thus creating the tiniest bit of magnetic pull, but heck, SOME is better than nothing right? This combined with the standard MotoGP dirived rubbers makes a tire that is very sticky [magnetically as well] to the track surface. Now, with the rotation of the rims and rubber at high speeds, that combination has a similar reaction to the inverse of pounding a magentized screw driver with a hammer to DEmagnetize it... so you have these spinning magnets that are reacting with the pavement and swelling out waves of magnetic flux... well the TREAD DESIGN being of opposite angles creates a dirivitive signal of repulsion instead of an attractive one. The separations in the tread are wide enough to create an angeled vortex wave deflection pattern that basically battles AGAINST the opposite tire [being a cross hatch pattern like an X instead of matching like // ] and again, creates a repulsion of opposites. That combined with the right kind of wheel bearings and you have bascially setup a magnetic driven motor yielding the slightest boost in power for your ride. So, sticky rubber + magnetic elements + two rotating masses = slightest power booste [keeping the wheels rolling more than stopping, giving the engine the ability to running smoother horse power].

To sum up: a like pattern would attract, and opposite will repel. Thus the difference in tread design.

So what you are saying is that the timing retard is essentially designed to keep a rider from going too fast and literally tearing his bike in half from the gyroscopically infused magnetic repulsion.....
cool.gif

The new silica compounds in the Dunlop qualifiers are formulated with baked in chromolium which is a highly magnetic element and reacts with heated pavement [and increases magneticity with tire heating] thus creating the tiniest bit of magnetic pull, but heck, SOME is better than nothing right? This combined with the standard MotoGP dirived rubbers makes a tire that is very sticky [magnetically as well] to the track surface. Now, with the rotation of the rims and rubber at high speeds, that combination has a similar reaction to the inverse of pounding a magentized screw driver with a hammer to DEmagnetize it... so you have these spinning magnets that are reacting with the pavement and swelling out waves of magnetic flux... well the TREAD DESIGN being of opposite angles creates a dirivitive signal of repulsion instead of an attractive one. The separations in the tread are wide enough to create an angeled vortex wave deflection pattern that basically battles AGAINST the opposite tire [being a cross hatch pattern like an X instead of matching like // ] and again, creates a repulsion of opposites. That combined with the right kind of wheel bearings and you have bascially setup a magnetic driven motor yielding the slightest boost in power for your ride. So, sticky rubber + magnetic elements + two rotating masses = slightest power booste [keeping the wheels rolling more than stopping, giving the engine the ability to running smoother horse power].

To sum up: a like pattern would attract, and opposite will repel. Thus the difference in tread design.
So what you are saying is that wimmin are repulsed by me because they are attractive... I think I got it...
cool.gif

Of course since I don't have the right bearings (I lost all my marbles a long time ago), then none of that stuff works for me.
tounge.gif

yeah, I dunno, maybe. no one had posted anything so I thought I'd start that ball rolling
biggrin.gif

Then some dingbat had to reply in bizarre fashion...
laugh.gif

Good question though, I run these on my bike as well.
dunno.gif

"dirivitive signal of repulsion instead of an attractive one."

You forgot to mention this is an inverse square relationship.
Just thought I'd clear that up.

cheers
ken

The BT002RS tires do the same thing with the groove pattern.

Maybe it has something to do with major braking is done with the front and major accel is done with the rear...
rock.gif

Maybe it has something to do with major braking is done with the front and major accel is done with the rear...  
rock.gif
Thats what I was thinking. I see this a lot with my mountain bike tires. Rear is mounted one way for forward traction and the front is mounted opposite way for braking.

I sent an email to Dunlop asking for answers. Let's see if they reply.

Braking/accelerating idea sounds probable.

rock.gif
bingo!....and to add?....

not only is "rear accel grip/front braking" taken into consideration but..many other aspects of the sipping are addressed of..."why the front and rear Tread Designs SHOULD Differ"...come into play...such as...

1. To help resist "Cupping" of the front tire whilst retaining the most traction with the rear.

2. "Heat, Water & Wear": To shed both Heat (which induces accelerated wear) & Water (to resist hydro-planing and increase traction on wet surfaces).

and since it's highly desirable that the two very differing width/profile tires are engineered to share "a common rate of turn in" at all angles of lean?....it only stands to reason that the likelyhood of these two tires...(that are assigned two totally differing primary missions and proportions)...should share the same tread/sipping designCAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T..but should have two differing tread patterns...so that both tires preform at their optimum...despite their proportional difs and their two very differing missions in life.

JMHO & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

i don' care what the scientologists say-they fuggin WORK!
beerchug.gif

had a set on my bike part of '05 n '06; they performed great on dry pavemt, ok in wet too. I noticed i had more control in the corners than w/my previous Dunlop D208s but the rear only made it 4k miles, i had 6k on the D208 before i blew it up...

but now Im runnin Pirelli Diablo Rosso....this thing sticks like someone covered it in molasses!
bowdown.gif

GO DIABLO! I love the stick, but they could be done by about 1500 miles... but I don't care about that at all

BigD, Do you think the Diablo sticks BETTER than the Qualifier? ? ?

GO DIABLO!  I love the stick, but they could be done by about 1500 miles... but I don't care about that at all

Nope!
ditto...currently?...you'll NOT find better skins (note: that will still yield reasonable wear/milage) for the hard core street going hooligan than the dunlop quali's.

jmho & experience...l8r, Bill.
cool.gif

GO DIABLO! I love the stick, but they could be done by about 1500 miles... but I don't care about that at all

Nope!
Tuf, you track your busa.... do you feel that Qualifiers would be a better choice than Super Corsa Pro for street and some track? I DO want tires that heat up fast on street too. Wear is not a concern

Word from Dunlop

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The tread pattern of the
Dunlop Qualifier is not "reversed" as you have described. The design of
the tread pattern is such as to optimize water evacuation as well as to
provide the ultimate in handling and grip. A motorcycle tire should always
be mounted according to the "direction of rotation" arrow stamped on the
tire's sidewall. Never intentionally mount a tire opposite of it's
intended direction of rotation. We'll be happy to send a motorcycle tire
product brochure out with today's mail.[/quote]

So still no definitive answer. Front braking/rear acceleration still in the lead as most plausible.

Back