Dunlop Dragmax

I ordered a second one I was so happy with the first, I didn't get a chance to see if it really made a difference then a shinko since I only had it for a short time and no track time on it. Maybe next year I'll throw a shinko on again and see.

Hi. DME uses a Marvic 6 3/4 rear wheel and the Drag Max I am not sure what Chris Moor is using. On my LSR/Street bike I have the Marvic 6 3/4 with a Michilen Power Cup 2 tire.
Melania is the quickest non-wheelie-bar grudge bike in the world right now it seems.. the first into the 5 second range.. 5.96(non nitro), at 229.... Records Shattered. its getting unbelievable. I know SRW built Black mambas motor.. the same guy that owns mamba... owns this(Melania) the yellow bike that went 5.96. Im gonna assume this is ALSO an SRW motor. But im not 100 percent sure. You might do well to reach out to the owner of melania and mamba.

1666826792299.png

Last edited:
q3/4 are not being advertised by dulop anymore and have been replaced by the q5 and q5s. for everyday street use probably a bad idea since really soft tires don’t last long and it has a flatter profile meaning it won’t lean as well.

q3/4 are not being advertised by dulop anymore and have been replaced by the q5 and q5s. for everyday street use probably a bad idea since really soft tires don’t last long and it has a flatter profile meaning it won’t lean as well.

I've seen the Q5's, but not in person yet.
The local dealer and several sites still have Q3+ and Q4.
The local dealer said a couple weeks ago when my friend bought a Q4, that they can still order the Q3+ too.
There's probably alot of stock still waiting to be sold.

I know but will it help a 400 bhp Busa on the street?

Or it does more bad than good?

It depends on your riding style.
As said above, it has a more squared off profile for a bigger contact patch, as it's a drag tire, it's also sticky and low mileage.
400hp doesn't hook unless you heat the tire for a launch with low psi anyway.
If you're a street/roll racer, then it probably is what you want.
If you ride twisty roads at all, not even knee dragging, then a more street/rounded profile is the better choice.
That's why Dunlop makes both, different tires for different applications.
But 400hp bikes are almost always straight line machines, and the DragMax is their best chance at traction from what Dunlop makes.

It depends on your riding style.
As said above, it has a more squared off profile for a bigger contact patch, as it's a drag tire, it's also sticky and low mileage.
400hp doesn't hook unless you heat the tire for a launch with low psi anyway.
If you're a street/roll racer, then it probably is what you want.
If you ride twisty roads at all, not even knee dragging, then a more street/rounded profile is the better choice.
That's why Dunlop makes both, different tires for different applications.
But 400hp bikes are almost always straight line machines, and the DragMax is their best chance at traction from what Dunlop makes.
I will probably give it a try.

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply!

I will probably give it a try.

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply!
Hi. My choice for my LSR/ street bike was a Dunlop Q3+ 120/60/17 front and a Michelin Power Cup 2 200/55/17 rear. Tho only trouble with it is it can not go below 41 degrees. That is why it and my batteries are in my betroon. I like to sleep in a cool roon around 50 degrees. Girlfriend hate it that cool,so I have to get up at 4 am to start the woodstoves and fireplace to keep her warm. We only use wood to heat the house. We also have solar panels that I have to upgrade so we can use them to heat the hot water as wr are using the wood stoves. The wood is free as I live on 57 acres and we have 1500 behind us that is the watershed and we help to keep the fire roads clear as me and my friend are volunteer firemen. We also help keep the public road clear in case of trees falling on them as we do tree work too.

Back