DUMPS... whats the deal

Dman

Registered
I like loud, and I think Doc-Busa's dumps looks awsome, so I have 2 questions

1.) Are they illegal... I live in Massachusetts?

2.) Can they be purchased or do they have do be custom fabricated?

-Thanx in advance!

I can tell you one thing, It's not going to be loud, so noise violations are not in the pic, but i don't know if you have to go through emissions in Mass...I don't think you should have to though.

Dman, I just saw this, sorry it took a month.

A dump pipe is only realistic on a turbo charged bike. The dump pipe comes from the exhaust outlet of the Turbo, so it has some back pressure from the Turbo itself. Not going to work so well on a non-turbo bike. Get it?

I like loud, and I think Doc-Busa's dumps looks awsome, so I have 2 questions

1.) Are they illegal... I live in Massachusetts?

2.) Can they be purchased or do they have do be custom fabricated?

-Thanx in advance!
are you under the impression that those are exhaust pipes or some sort of headers or something?

They sort of are , actually there is usually only one , and its function is an' exhaust or waste gate for the turbo . The turbo uses exhaust gases to power a componant within' the turbo charger . Then it dumps the uneeded through this wastegate .

I think, Doc will know better , but you can have those cool lookin' dumps for about $3,800 plus install , and thats where it can get real shiddy....its brutal tryin' to get them dialed in correctly .

Doc's Hya-turbo was once for sale...maybe you can work out a trade .

Hav a good 1....RSD.

WOW! This post was resurrected from the dead. I do appreciate you throwing in your $.02 Doc!

Rubbersidedown – Thanx for the info, I was invisioning the dump for my bike as coming from the header, kind of like a straight pipe on a car without a cat/converter. I am admittedly unfamiliar with the BUSA engine and was just curious if they were possible on this beast in rather stock form.

Doc_Busa – Appreciate the response and you have now confirmed for me my intuition that lack of back pressure would shoot my hopes down.

Of course the dream is still alive if you were interested in trading the turbo-busa for a completely stock 1999 grey/black factory original… It will be a collectors item someday
;)

I'de consider a trade of your Busa and $10k cash... I have nearly $16k in it now, including the Ohlins, new pistons, gauges, corbin, etc. etc. etc.

Back