Dumped Her At About 50

Jake whitebird

Registered
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well....... It was 45ish outside, road was dirty could've been slightly wet too... Felt like I barely laid into the front brake next thing I know I'm palm down sliding, did a tumble, shattered my oakleys when I smacked my cheek bone, and ruined some jeans. Soooooo just enough of the left side of the nose that I prolly gotta replace it, both left side fairings then the left side of the tail section(holds the turn signal) and aside from nasty shoulder and forearm road rash, ruined my pride ha. Looking for parts guys. Jake. Thanks 9706857062

sorry to see this but glad you're basically ok :beerchug:

Been in that position before but on my zx6r, i can not itterate enough the importance of proper gear, a textile jacket isn't as hot as leather and a helmet is always on my head on my bike! Silvadyne burn cream works miracles on road rash, might wanna see if your doc will prescribe you some!

ouch, that's worse than just a rash, you burned it pretty good

Ouch!!! To each his own man, but I can't get on my Busa without a full-face. No point in preaching to anyone about their own choices, but I am glad you're OK. I hate to see the Busa damage, but it can all be fixed.

Hope you heal fast!!

It was 45ish outside,

And no jacket on? Wow - I guess you don't hate cold weather as much as I do.
My cut off is about 55° on the Busa. Less than that and I use my GW.

Hope you heal up OK. Thanks for posting. Maybe some will now believe in ATGATT.
Heard about other crashes where someone was only going up to the corner store to get something and did even more damage to themselves than you did.

I crashed at 65 the other day (at the racetrack on my Gixxer 1k)...while it ate my gear up pretty good, I was not even sore...gear saves lives! rather it be my leathers than my body!
IMG_4114.JPG
IMG_4117.JPG
IMG_4118.JPG
IMG_4128.JPG
IMG_4128.JPG
IMG_4130.JPG
IMG_4114.JPG

Sorry to see you and the bike got messed up pretty Good. Ive been doing too and only ended up with a small scratch on my wrist since I was wearing my small gloves instead gauntlet style gloves. Gear went in the garbage, but I was ok. I know there has been some comments about it and I don't mean to upset you repeating the same thing, but at least take your helmet on every ride. Don't matter if you are just riding from your driveway to the neighbor's. The "is just a 5 mile ride" kills a lot of people.
As for the bike, I damaged the exact same pieces as you and was able to find it all used OEM on eBay. Looks like you have a custom color though.

After two accidents in two years, I still can't find a reason to stop riding. I also think that everyone has said what needs to be said about gear. Patch yourself up and use your time to work on the bike as therapy. Learn from what happened and know that you will be better prepared when you saddle that big girl again.

Ballzmotorsports chrome stator cover was just plastic, but I think it took the initial impact and saved my a$$. Broken and the staor cover is chewed up but no holes!!

Back