Dump Pipe...

Dump Pipe... - should it stay or should it GO?

• Keep Dump Pipe

Votes: 121 93.1%
  • Install "traditional" exhaust (Micron)

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Other idea/suggestion

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I had posted awhile back with my vote for the dump pipe...Now that I have I turbo I wouldn't put anything but a dump pipe on it...I love the deep serious growl...When riders hear you coming the scared get on their shat and roll out the others bow down... evil.gif

I had posted awhile back with my vote for the dump pipe...Now that I have I turbo I wouldn't put anything but a dump pipe on it...I love the deep serious growl...When riders hear you coming the scared get on their shat and roll out the others bow down...  evil.gif
That cool that you like it. I am still thinking of dumping my dump. I like the look, but it is stupid loud. I wonder if it is just mine. Honestly, the buddies I like to ride with don't even want to ride near my bike. Loud can be cool, but it can also be annoying and I think the dump walks that line...

Just my opinion...

I had posted awhile back with my vote for the dump pipe...Now that I have I turbo I wouldn't put anything but a dump pipe on it...I love the deep serious growl...When riders hear you coming the scared get on their shat and roll out the others bow down...  evil.gif
That cool that you like it.  I am still thinking of dumping my dump.  I like the look, but it is stupid loud.  I wonder if it is just mine.  Honestly, the buddies I like to ride with don't even want to ride near my bike.  Loud can be cool, but it can also be annoying and I think the dump walks that line...  

Just my opinion...
Doc...I know what you mean about the noise...I told my partners they will want to ride to the left of me... evil.gif

evil.gif

That is the main reason I built a 36 inch dump pipe coming out the back. No difference on the Dyno but it is like the Turbo acts like a muffler.

That is the main reason I built a 36 inch dump pipe coming out the back.  No difference on the Dyno but it is like the Turbo acts like a muffler.
Yeah, I really dig your setup.  If it wasn't for the hole in the fairing, I would give that a shot.  Maybe I should shop for a new fairing instead...
can you run your air filter out in that direction? I looked at that and addiing a scoop on both sides for balance. Jury is still out on if I do that now that I did the custom paint. I do need to open up the air filter more. i had the bottom front cut away before, but when i put the new paint I put new plastic in some spots including the litttle bottom front. Now I will have to re-drumel again.

those of you guys who have the filter sticking out of the left side fairing, how often do you have to change/clean the filter? do alot of bugs and road debris get caught in it? and if so.. couldnt you customize it w/ a piece of alluminum and make like a backward scoup to have it block it...

say "O" is the intake and ")" is the scoup... O) <---to block the bug's...

those of you guys who have the filter sticking out of the left side fairing, how often do you have to change/clean the filter? do alot of bugs and road debris get caught in it? and if so.. couldnt you customize it w/ a piece of alluminum and make like a backward scoup to have it block it...

It definitely gets dirtier quicker, but it also is easy to remove/clean. The reverse scoop may help a little bit, try it and post some pics... sounds like a decent idea...

It definitely gets dirtier quicker, but it also is easy to remove/clean.  The reverse scoop may help a little bit, try it and post some pics... sounds like a decent idea...
Scope is a rood idea in both directions. Scooping in the air. The problem with high speeds is you need one on each side for balance.

goog point NE, that's why i proposed aluminum so it is light weight.. i figure that it would weigh like 8oz tops... plus screws or however you'd hold it on... but i do understand where you are coming from.. because that would cause more of a draft on one side much more than the other...

<!--EDIT|new II busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074695314 -->

It definitely gets dirtier quicker, but it also is easy to remove/clean.  The reverse scoop may help a little bit, try it and post some pics... sounds like a decent idea...
Scope is a rood idea in both directions.  Scooping in the air.  The problem with high speeds is you need one on each side for balance.
I have a scoop on mine for air, but I thought he was talking about a reverse scoop, to avoid dirt... right? I have only the small scoop on the air intake side, and the dump on the other... I am not noticing an imbalance...

Scope is a rood idea in both directions.  Scooping in the air.  The problem with high speeds is you need one on each side for balance.
I have a scoop on mine for air, but I thought he was talking about a reverse scoop, to avoid dirt... right?  I have only the small scoop on the air intake side, and the dump on the other...  I am not noticing an imbalance...
maybe they balance each other. Should not matter until the bike goes over 185mph or so. I think the biggest reason is that it keeps (subtracts) a couple of mph off the top. I have not proven this for myself so you could very well be right that it would not matter until extreme high speed, then even your underwear matters. biggrin.gif

I would keep the Dump pipe, looks better, more power.
Dude!

You missed the 1 year aniversary of the last post on this thread by 10 days!

You just couldn't wait any longer could you?!

(deja-vue, huh?....someone will get that)

And Stunnah, shame on you for not noticing that! If I had an icon of two fingers doing the shame, shame signal, I'd post it. smile.gif

Old posts need attention too rofl.gif and some are worth re-reads

in the interest of the public opinion, a full exhaust is a bit more civic minded and will certainly not alienate anyone to sport bikes... The whole loud pipes saves lives thing is bunk anyway.. (for kids and guys with midlife crisis)

I prefer a "sleeper" that I can use without drawing the attention of anyone within earshot for half a mile. When I go by, all you hear is a "whoosh"

You should have been at the CAps house for the PMRA race get together, we listened to a guy driving down the road for miles from his back yard.. I do not think I am exaggerating at all to say we heard him driving down the road for at least 5 minutes (maybe longer?) At least we all got a good laugh......

Back