Dumb Question

CaveDweller,
That description sounds appropriate for one(or more ) of the board members.Who did you have in mind?You C__ that you can't keep kids from ROD ding their stuff.They just have to learn for themselves.You were pretty cryptic.I shall have to uncover this squid,and expose him. ;)
B21

Oh Sh1t, I almost fell off my stool. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!
We used to call them arrogant kids ninja mounted surf geeks. [they hung out at the beach with shorts and flip flops talking about their 160 mph 600 Ninja's]They did have $400.00 or $500.00 dollar helmets though, hanging from there helmet hooks! HA! I'd ask them if those $500.00 shock protectors worked very well. Gimme a break.

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 26 July 2000).]

Bird,
In Florida SQUIDs can often be spotted riding with their helmets still hanging on the hook. The helmets are usually top end with rider colors (Duhammel, custom, etc.) Hence, the flashy helmets are referred to as "SQUID frame sliders" (helmets are cheaper than fairings afterall)

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 26 July 2000).]

Squid Frame Sliders! Thats funny Cave Dweller. Hey, do you think any Giant Squids exist? And I thought "Shock protecters" was a good one. I think a package of squid stickers would be fun at the beach.

Some Days Iam a SQUID.....

S - Super
Q - Quick
U - Under
I - Intense
D - DeathWish

Add the Shorts & the 100 plus Heat in Oklahoma & Iam Complete.....
HORSE

Now this should direct some flame at me...lol

Definition time.... As I have heard the lingo, have an idea of what it means, but please enlighten me.....

Gixxer

Squid

Are there any others I should be aware of?

Gixxer is a slang phonetic pronunciation for Suzuki's alpha-numeric designation for their sport bikes: GSXR600, GSXR750.

The Hayabusa not only has an actual name, but the "R" is not part of the "GSX", so it is not a sport bike. It is a sport-touring bike. My little brother refers to it as "Super Katana."

A "Squid" is a person who rides in shorts or sandals or no helmet. It is a derogatory term used to describe their poser status, lack of skills, poor judgement, and impaired intellect. A "Flailer" is someone who trys to ride beyond their abilitys and crashes or nearly crashes from taking too many risks. "Wimp Strips" are the part of your tires tread that is not used yet on the outer shoulders. I'm kind of new to this also.

Thanks Kirk.... I may have made the squid list at one time or another.... Had only Helmet and gloves on.... Stupid, just stupid. Then I crashed, so that made me a
Flailer...

Oh Well! Life is a lesson, as long as you learn from your mistakes...

[This message has been edited by adowell (edited 26 July 2000).]

SQUID = "Stupid Quick Unpredictable and Inevitably Dead"

for example, an 18 year old kid who rides a Busa, kicks cars as he rides by, crosses the double yellow line to pass on twisty roads, thinks the laws don't apply to him because he believes he is way above average skill and performance level, runs from the cops (on sidewalks if necessary), argues that he can tag and then outrun a crazy driver that carries, and does dumb circus stunts on his $11,000 bike (like riding backwards) would be a SQUID.

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 26 July 2000).]

Back