dumb question

spencersr

Registered
I bought my bike used all stock(what I was told) from a dealer who took it on trade because it was laid over and needed plastic. I can't get it to shut off redlines in fifth and six. So is there a tre hidden somewhere?
Posted via Mobile Device

What year is the bike? If so they are usually pretty easy to find unless someone took the time to do some real trick mounting or something.

Are you saying it over rev's in 5th and 6th? I am not sure I understand your question.

It doesn't shut off at 186 like a stock one should and I want to start my upgrades just dont want any surprises. I know 01 can't be flashed and I haven't seen anything outta the ordinary under the seat or cowl. Doing an exhaust and airbox mod tomorrow and found a pclll for 100 dollars so I will have a starting point
Posted via Mobile Device

It doesn't shut off at 186 like a stock one should and I want to start my upgrades just dont want any surprises. I know 01 can't be flashed and I haven't seen anything outta the ordinary under the seat or cowl. Doing an exhaust and airbox mod tomorrow and found a pclll for 100 dollars so I will have a starting point
Posted via Mobile Device

If its an 01 it should be unrestricted unless I am mistaken. I think they put the restriction on the 02 and up models. Can anyone confirm?

cool, thanks for the confirmation guys. If it has a TRE on it, look under the tank on the left side, just above the tranny, should be a large white plug.

100 is a great price for a pc111. i would say there is a tre on it somewhere if it doesnt shut down at 186...left side as was stated white triangle shaped plug...

Is it just the bike indicating above 186 that makes you think this? Maybe it has had the sprockets changed or maybe the speedo is just off. The limiter is RPM activated not MPH.

Posted via Mobile Device

just curious, how did you come to this conclusion?

I only ask because only a handful of folks have actually taken the busa all the way up and over the 150 mark, much less seeing 186 indicated

I only ask because only a handful of folks have actually taken the busa all the way up and over the 150 mark, much less seeing 186 indicated

Ive had mine at 188 on GPS within 3 weeks of owning mine:whistle:

I thought everybody tried to wrap out there busa at least once...

I used to get a pretty good kick out of highspeed runds but I quickly got past the going fast in a strait line phase.

same here. i've seen it pegged, but i've got a wife to go home for, lol.

Back