Dumb question of the day post.

Gpr1200r

Registered
Installing Soupys riser this weekend. How do I remove the chrome caps covering the bolts? Is there some trick or tool I'm missing? Thanks.

Gpr1200r

You just need a small, thin flat head or somthing like that. Slide it in under the edge of the cap and pop it off. It's a allen head under it.

Should just be a small flat blade screwdriver.
Pry it up easy from all sides so you don't tweak em.

Good luck getting them out without wrinkling the chrome finish on them. Use 2 small screwdrivers and go around them slowly and evenly to prevent screwing them up.:thumbsup:

I use a blade or a knife with a piece of tape over so it doesn't mess it up. Go from side to side lil by lil.

Thanks for all the help. I used a very small blade and worked my way around. Used a piece of wooden chopstick as leverage once I got em started. The riser should be here tomorrow.

Gpr1200r

Those little chrome things cost like $5 each also. I found out when two of mine basically broke as they were being pried carefully off....

How do I adjust my mirrors so I can see how cool i look when I am doing a high speed wheelie in a school zone?

A gopro mounted facing the rear. Don't forget to post up the video on YouTube and Facebook! :thumbsup:

Via Tapatalk

Back