Dumb hump question

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
After doing my undertail and having it apart for a while,and my bike is a new 2006,I cant remember if when turning the key on the hump,should the hump 'pop up'?

It seems like I have to tap on it or lift it up to get it to come up.
If it is supposed to pop up,what did I screw up to make it not???

Thanks

Mine usually doesn't pop. It makes a noise and I lift her up and out.

There are some round metal spacers that go between the hump and the tail on each side...everytime I remove my hump one or both of them falls off...maybe your mising one of them so the hump does'ent snug up on the cowl very good

Brendan,
Does your hump come up and off? If so, then you have no problems. SOmetimes, when people remove the tail and disconnect the lock, they don't put it back to gether all the way, so there isn't enough tension on the cable to completely release the hump... when that happens, you have to pull up on it some to get it loose...
Sorry I couldn't call you back yesterday...we didn't get home until about 11:00 and I didn't want to call you too late.

BTW, when I disconnected my battery, it reset the gear indicator.... not good news...

Mine is a 50/50 affair. Usually I turn the key and give the rear of the hump a little "TAP" and she pops right up.

Yup...50/50 .. Pop goes the weasle..
tounge.gif

Thanks for the reply's,I couldn't remember if it actually popped up or not.
No Shawn,I didn't disconnect the cable,just the 2 philliphead screws. And 11 pm is waaayyyy past my bedtime!
biggrin.gif

We'll talk soon

Is there any adjustment or its the way it is, whether its pops up or not? mine doesn't pops
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146184253 -->

Back