Duke Lacrosse guys

ibified

Registered
in case any of you missed it today, the attorney general in NC had a press conference in which he stated that all charges against the Duke lacrosse players were being dropped. He also said they were innocent. He didnt say there was insufficient evidence to prosecute, didnt say they were not guilty. said they are INNOCENT.

So, who do these kids sue first? Mike Nifong, the prosecutior who basically presented false evidence andmade false statements to the press about the case? The state of NC, for allowing the case to proceed at all with no evidence? or Duke University, for suspending them from school based on the urging of 88 professors before they had even gotten their due process?

My vote is "all of the above", and I hope they get rich as hell off of it. After what they went through, they deserve no less.

All of the above and..........Al Sharpton, just for the hell of it

LOL I' sure that the "reverend" AL Sharpton deserves it too. an, they're showing the press conference with the kids now. They are PISSED.

They wont sue the stripper. She doesn't have enough $$$ to make it worthwhile. It should also be noted that this is the SECOND time shes accused someone of rape and later dropped it.

Nifong, Duke University, and the state of NC, however, have plenty of money. And since their names are now forever going to be tainted, they deserve their cut of it, in my opinion.

I want to know
rock.gif
, where is the outrage for Sharpton and Jackson to apologize to the team for calling them, "THUGS and RAPEST" ?

Geezzzzzzzzz, seems like a GREAT example of a DOUBLE STANDARD ! But on the other hand, who cares about two total losers  
iamwithstupid.gif

As far as going after people, well lets see
wink.gif
, the DA, County, City of Durham, Duke U, and all those Faculity that signed the letter for defimation of character. And anyone else I could think of including the Attorney Generals Office  
beerchug.gif

Yep. And Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson wont stand up for the kids because they're white. However, I bet they'd come to the defense of the woman who accused them in a SECOND if those kids decided to sue her too...

Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson (an upstanding citizen in his own right) are two of the biggest racists in the country. There livelihood depends on it. Without raceism, they would have to actually get jobs and earn a living.

Didn't miss it but this will pass under the radar like anything else involving 'non-minorities'. It may have gotten headlines yesterday and today but you won't even see it in the back pages tomorrow. Makes you wonder where the justice is. This demonstrates what happens when you have an overzealous prosecuter, an inept police department and a bloodthirsty press.

(ibified @ Apr. 12 2007,06:46) They wont sue the stripper.  She doesn't have enough $$$ to make it worthwhile.  It should also be noted that this is the SECOND time shes accused someone of rape and later dropped it.

Nifong, Duke University, and the state of NC, however, have plenty of money.  And since their names are now forever going to be tainted, they deserve their cut of it, in my opinion.
Maybe you can't sue, but if she indeed lied and wasn't paid off or threatened she should serve time (the same amount of time those guys would have served). It's got to stop somewhere, overzealous athletes who can't leave their aggressions on the field or moraless females looking to make a buck by destroying someones career/life......in today's money craving society it's so hard to determine where money came into play. We see money as the motivating factor in so many cases, that it thickens the veil covering the truth.

Either way so many lies are taking place in today's judicial system and it's all biased based on race, gender and socioeconomic status.

I could be wrong but I think that the prosecutor is exempt from civil suits like this..... Judges are for sure.

(captain @ Apr. 12 2007,11:31) I could be wrong but I think that the prosecutor is exempt from civil suits like this..... Judges are for sure.
The TV stations locally are talking like he may be open for liability. Given the facts (or lies) in the case I think he may be libel for all sorts of things. Mallicious prosecution, withholding evidence, etc.

Any time a prosecutor screws with someone just to advance his career/stardom they need to be flogged (then sued).

Those students are/were potentially ruined.

Chris

(captain @ Apr. 12 2007,11:31) I could be wrong but I think that the prosecutor is exempt from civil suits like this..... Judges are for sure.
Not if he oversteped his legal bounds by using it to improve his Political or Financial position. And in this case since he is an elected official the legal concensus is he did overstep his office responsibilities. Which not only includes public statements, but surpression of evidence to both the defendents AND the Grand Jury. All the Judges I've seen interviewed on TV say both he and his career is TOAST  
firedevil.gif

Couldn't happen to a more worthy Elected DA  
biggrin.gif
. Well
wink.gif
maybe that JERK who found the Border Patrol Officers and the Dep Sheriff guilty of shooting a Drug Smuggler who was here illegally and caught in the act of human smuggling. And is now supporting him in his multi-million $$$$ law suits  
mad.gif

There is no justice on this planet. And we will never know exactly what went on that day. I agree with dawg our justice system is in ruins.

Personally, I don't think their careers are over!  A book and movie rights are probably already in the making which means mucho $$$ even before the lawsuits are settled.  This type of thing happens every day though, it just so happens this was so high profiled because it was  
guns.gif
DUKE (PUKE) UNIVERSITY.

Now had this been the tennis team at Gumby University, it never would have gotten beyond local news!

"lacrosse" is that a sport
rock.gif

Glad the truth came out, but sport
rock.gif

rock.gif

My bet is that everyone will be named in the civil action. And in addition to the lawsuit, ethics charges will be brought against the former prosecutor.

And look what CNN.com is now reporting: "The local prosecutor who charged three Duke lacrosse players with raping a stripper apologizes to the athletes, The Associated Press reports."

(05 Busa LE @ Apr. 12 2007,16:01) My bet is that everyone will be named in the civil action.  And in addition to the lawsuit, ethics charges will be brought against the former prosecutor.
Ethics charges have ALREADY been brought against Nifong. That came out a while ago. If all that winds up happening to him from all of this is he gets disbarred, he's getting off VERY lucky.

Back