DUI

OB_jim p

Registered
This a subject that is very bad, but two of my friend's have been busted in the last week.It's seem like here in Florida they have put the hammer down on DUI.One person was arrested for not passing the sobriety test but they blew a .038 and .08 is DUI. So if want to drink take a taxi!!!

Jim p thanks for the reminder. Everyone definitely rides faster and safer when they're sober.

But being arrested for blowing .04 in a .08 town doesn't make much sense. How can they do that? I mean what's the legal rationale?

Man, I have a hard enough time keeping my balls from getting me in trouble on a bike. I can’t even imagine what would happen if I was sill drinking. Those DUI stops probably saved your friends lives. Maybe the lives of some others too.

They may have Whacked him for operating Impaired ??. Judgement call on the Cops End,?? maybe he looked worse while taking the test ??

It should be like it Is in NYC,,one whack and they take your Car/Bike,,Can you imagine having anyone take your Busa !!

So instead of taking a piece of Paper away,,they take the instrument of the crime.

Stay sober while you Ride/Drive. it'll save ya a Heck of alot of trouble.

161 ®

FC when in NYC watch out for CopJackers they are the worst of the breed.

So if a cop jacks your bike who do you call, a fugitive with agun?

Some cops are the worst abusers of all!

Copjacker's ?? I lost ya there Kaw,,Mind you if anyone try's to Jack me,,(so to speak),,I'll rain a Firestorm Lead down on them his mama's gonna feel it.

Stay behind me,,and you'll be fine,,during the Bike Show.

161 ®

I always tell my troops
"if you are going to drink and drive,
drive fast, that way you are on the road
less time"

Personally I think if you get busted for DUI you should lose you right to drive forever better yet put a ****ing bullet in there head and do us all a favor!I have had to many friends killed by ****ing drunk drivers

Seems like they are cracking down all over the country. They just lowerd the limit here in Dallas.

I did my usual meet up with my buds etc. on Tuesday night. It doesn't happen very often, but one of my buds had a little too much to drink. He was in his car, but that didn't change the fact that he had too much. We always talk about "friends not letting friends drive drunk" etc., but it's always so hard to actually take control of the situation and the person who has had too much. I know even from personal experience that no matter what, you never want to admit that you've screwed up and had too much. This situation was no different, but thankfully I was able to get some support from a couple of other buds and we drove our bud home - then did the bike shuttle thing to get me back to my bike.

Naturally, all the way home he insisted that he was ok and that this was unnesessary. Normally, I might not understand as it was very obviious that he was NOT ok, but like I said, I've been there and have felt the same way.

Not until we got to his house and pulled a Christmas gift out of his trunk that he didn't remember putting there, did he realize that he needed to be driven home.

This post is a little long, but my point is that it's never easy to convince a friend that they don't need to be driving. In this case, I was able to round up enough support from my other buds to make sure this guy didn't drive home. We are all glad we made the extra effort.

Most of the time, I see people who shouldn't be driving allowed to drive anyway b/c we didn't make enough of an effort to stop them.

I'm happy that I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that my bud is home ok. Whatever you do, make the extra effort - get help from others around you!

Have a safe and happy holiday!

When on the bike, its no booze just like the airline pilots before a flight. After all, at our speeds we have a lot in common. Crash and burn is not pretty.

Back