Ducati Sold to Audi 1.12 Billion

Audi and Mercedes/AMG were the 2 front runners when I posted a thread about it a while back. I am glad Audi was the one to squire them:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

That could go well for Ducati, they are stuck on old ideas and some new investment could give them a push. Also heard chief of design department is close to retirement.

Pierre Terblanche ex Ducati is now with Norton, not much seem to be happening there.

Some new blood for Ducati may mean good things.

Report says 200 million debt, another said 800 million in liabilities, I guess it depends on how the accountants look at it?

If MB would have bought them, at least maybe they would have higher quality.Audi is a glorifed VW.German car maker buys an italian bike company.Wonder how that will mix.

karnage said:
If MB would have bought them, at least maybe they would have higher quality.Audi is a glorifed VW.German car maker buys an italian bike company.Wonder how that will mix.

See HD and MV Augusta:whistle:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

This may be a good thing for Ducati. They were struggling under a mountain of debt; Italy is in bad financial shape, and maybe the Germans can bring little order to the place.

I dont care who buys them, they will still be junk, I should know owning 2 big pieces of crap.

Back