Ducati 1198S Black

now add the ohlins suspension and brembo brakes, and marchesini wheels to the gsxr1000 and see how much cheaper it is. gotta compare apples to apples you know

Good point something I really never gave a second thought to:beerchug:

Justify it, YOU (or me) can NEVER Justify a Duc on street performance or cost only (or my riding ability). It's a "GOT YA" thing, and NOTHING else will satisfy you. Kinda like a Wife :laugh:

I have had one since Feb of this year, its not an S and it is not that sexy black either.
They are a different breed and not very practical either. The inline fours are WAY easier to ride but if I had it to do over again, I'd still buy a Duc as the Busa's stable mate!

1198 is a fine race bike, but try to ride it in the city traffic or on highway going steady 70 mph. It has only one purpose; crazy performance in serious twisties or on a track.
Posted via Mobile Device

It still would be cheaper to buy a gixxer and mod it. I like the Duc's too, thought they don't fit me. A 1K does.

beautiful bike. i also like this ferrari :please:

but oh well... :banghead:

FLAT BLACK FERRARI F430.jpg

Same thing when one of the sportbike magazines did a test of the GSXR 750 vs. the KTM RC8. KTM is a really nice bike but its 19k and was about the same performance wise.

Its all about if you have the money or not.

Back