Dual-Sport / Off road anyone ?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
My friend in Hawaii is 68 years old and rides his CBR 1000RR like a track guy. He also rides some pretty mean dirt and dual sport KTM's.

He sent me some recent pics of a ride in the Island of Hawaii ( aka The Big Island )

Some of the Lava Trails really tear up the tires.

dual sport A'a.JPG

dualsport-4.JPG

dual-sport-4.JPG

dual-sport-3.JPG

dualsport-5.JPG

Dual-sport.JPG

Last edited:
Thats awesome. As soon as I finish my turbo mustang project im going to look for a used dual sport. Probably end up with a xr650L since you can find one pretty reasonable or maybe try to tag a crf450r... Those KTM's are sick though!

I love the dirt too. Actually, been riding off road more than on lately.
Bet there is a lot of great riding in the islands if you know where it's at. I might pass on the lava trails too though. If it's hard on tires, you can imagine what it's like on any exposed skin if you fall off.
Great pictures.:thumbsup:

The paved portion of the road is called " Saddle Road " Best road in Hawaii! Pavement is good but on the shoulder it's very ruff lava covered with a little bit of moss and grass. Real glad I never crashed up there...

I Usta Busa up there alot... video :cheerleader:

Last edited by a moderator:
one KLR 650 and one KLR 685 with a full port job.Copper Canyon Mexico is a great place to do a little dual sport riding,
Mike

That's something I surely would do in near future. With my experience in Mexico, motocycling in Mexico should be a blast.

I love offroad also.. i have to haul it to the trail head but have many miles of single track and powerline roads to tear up... Pinenut range near Carson City.. heres a pic from last week

IMGP5347.jpg

Yea, i am in Odessa, Texas, Just a little 2 day ride from here its the land of no winter, Even Copper canyon is very warm this time of the year, Its so big that once your in the canyon you for get your in a canyon its that big.....

\
That's something I surely would do in near future. With my experience in Mexico, motocycling in Mexico should be a blast.

Back