Dual HMF W/Akrapovic cans

Dulimon

Registered
Running the dual HMF hi mount header and pipes with the Akrapovic cans work. Will they mount up. Theory is...Killer exhaust note and duals making power or would the combo lose power or make it a mess to map.

Well i think the can size might be a bit to big for one and also the mounting holes for the pipes wouldn't be there i guess if you had the resources it could be done but now without some serious work

I thought about the size difference in cans. I'm going to do a little research on having pipes made to route to the stock mounting location so I can run the Akrapovics with HMF system. Just wondering about mixing the parts and possibly compromising the exhaust scavenging pulses. Thank you for your reply.

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: "To early to be at work"|1096808540 -->

Actually I think it would be fun putting together a custom map to fit this setup.
cool.gif

It going to be a winter project along with NOS, Cams, Air box, tuning, mild headwork, regearing, pair removal and hopefully the HMF header dual system w/Akrapovic cans or stock cans for that sleeper look. Gives me time to find a good tuner and research parts to put a tight combo together. Good HP and a high torque curve flat as Kansas. If it comes together it should sound good and pull hard.

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096815231 -->

Yeah well good luck with it there is nothing that you can't do as long as you have the time and the resorces to get it done this should be interesting you will also have to see about the size of the inlet on the akro versuse the pipes of the dual you may need to get a couple new pipes made bigger or something one thing if you order from HMF difrect you can buy what specific parts of the exhaust you want like just the header pipe or just the high pipes so that will come in handy on the expense wise

I was looking at the bike and some how tie the stock pipes into it to help with $ and fit...Have to do some welding also was going to call Akrapovic and get some insight into their Evolution header and ask them if converting it into a dual would cause any issues that they would foresee. Take the header and weld the stock back half to it to make a complete system using their cans. Don't now gotta do the research. THNX

If you are going standard mount, just get the HMF standard mount 4-2-1-2, then cut-off the flanges from the stock midpipes, weld them to the HMF mid pipes, and then buy standard Akro bolt-on cans.

There are lots of solutions here but I am curious. Why bother? Why do you insist on HMF headers and Akro cans? Seems like a lot of work that will amount to nothing morethan a "look what I did" story (no offense - I am just curious).

Going for something different and I like the Akro sound, but might stick with the stock cans for a sleeper look. Like anything about the Busa is a sleeper.

Back