Dual fan setup

ksana

Registered
For those of us, who work 80+hr weeks
And don't have the time to assemble a dual fan setup
I barely have time to ride...don't want to take make it less

Does anyone sell or know someone who can set one up
I need flawless quality work?? (I've seen some very questionable-thrown together radiators)

I really like Bonedust's setup
bowdown.gif

I will be adding in the fan relocator switch & 2 Muzzy fans, also some connectors

Any help, greatly appreciated
beerchug.gif

On this topic can someone advise on the secondary fan (ie which one to buy) I brought a Busa one only to find its toooooooooooooooooooo big DOH, guess I should have measured it first.
Now I have measeured it I req a fan assy that is max 50mm or 2" in depth and 125mm or 5" in dia (including the shroud)

Any ideas???

Best regards Alan

i have seen previous posts - stating gixxer1000 fan rotated 180 degrees.

but havent seen anyone offering a kit here, i remember someone had one for sale at one point -- either here or on SH.org

(gat0r @ Sep. 23 2006,15:05)

but havent seen anyone offering a kit here, i remember someone had one for  sale at one point  -- either here or on SH.org
thanks for all the help bro!!!
good info there

I'm gonna pm Bonedust
see if he'll post pics of his setup
his by far his the most trick I've seen
dual fan, switch, painted, upgraded connectors, engine ice, etc., etc,

thanks for the props, K!

here is how i set mine up...i went a bit overboard.

i replaced the inlet and outlet of the radiator with -16AN bungs, relocated the temp switch and welded and smoothed the old temp sensor hole, moved a few tabs around to mount a 1k fan on the right side, bead blasted the end tanks and painted them with high temp paint, and wired it all up nice and clean.

inlet
P1010865.jpg

outlet
P1010866.jpg

temp relocator
P1010858.jpg

fans installed
P1010863.jpg

in this pic you can see the wiring and plugs. i used 2 plugs so i can run an on-off switch in the inter-panel and still have it fully disconnectable.
P1010873.jpg

ive got an extra 1k fan, K. lmk if you need it....or if i can help in any way.

could you wire the fans together, to come on and off at the same time? or would it short out?

too bad they don't have a drool smilie here
biggrin.gif

yeah B...I'm gonna hit u up, on that fan
thanks for posting!!
damn I love the details...
bowdown.gif

(bonedust @ Sep. 24 2006,02:51) here is how i set mine up...i went a bit overboard.

fans installed
P1010863.jpg

I take it thats is a standard busa fan on the left but what is the make and model or what bike did the one on the right come from please??

Or can someone who knows him advise on what fan that is from.

Thanx and best regards Alan

I did my 05 not too long ago ... wired the fan to a PMR bar switch housing ....used an 03 gixxer1k fan with a muzzy blade.

there are no shortcuts or PNP options....you are fabbing it custom.
I had to make all my own brackets and grind custom bolts....then wire through a relay.
I'll pass along some photos once i get back home...I took a few during the process.

(BusaCruise @ Sep. 24 2006,18:27) I did my 05 not too long ago ... wired the fan to a PMR bar switch housing ....used an 03 gixxer1k fan with a muzzy blade.

I had to make all my own brackets and grind custom bolts....then wire through a relay.
I'll pass along some photos once i get back home...I  took a few during the process.
Yep I understand that, I purchased another busa fan and tried to make it fit with no joy, its just toooooooooooooo big, hence I want to know what the fan is in the picture as its the right size approx 125mm or 5" dia and 50mm or 2" in depth.

Come on chaps someone must know what it is he used.

Best regards Alan

most any of the late model gixxer fans will work...
almost all of those were shaped to fit the RIGHT hand side of the radiator.
it's not just a matter of thickness...the shroud is also shaped for it.

Richard at RCC turbos sells a cooling fan with mounting brackets I believe to be used on the right hand side. Try him out.

Greg

(Vspec @ Sep. 24 2006,13:39)
(BusaCruise @ Sep. 24 2006,18:27) I did my 05 not too long ago ... wired the fan to a PMR bar switch housing ....used an 03 gixxer1k fan with a muzzy blade.

I'll pass along some photos once i get back home...I  took a few during the process.
Yep I understand that, I purchased another busa fan and tried to make it fit with no joy, its just toooooooooooooo big, hence I want to know what the fan is in the picture as its the right size approx 125mm or 5" dia and 50mm or 2" in depth.

Come on chaps someone must know what it is he used.

Best regards Alan
a 1K Muzzy fan
u can't fit 2 Busa fans not like that anyways
1 Busa fan & 1 GSX-R1000 fan

thanks all for the great info
i am gonna have to do something for this texas heat & traffic

Back