dual battery charging system

jimbob8915

Registered
Ok, I did a search for a two battery 24 system and I like the Tiger racing kit buy would like it to charge both batteries. I dont want to mess with a battery tender, just charge while riding.
Is there any kind of isolator or switch that can charge one battery then switch to charge the other?
Wanting to install 1397 high compression kit and live in hot central Cali, I dont want any starting issues.

dual battery 24v on a busa? Are the batterys hooked in Series +- hooked together and other + going to starter positive and - to starter ground or are they in parrellel ++ going to starter -- going to ground. if parrellel it is dual battery 12v, if series and you dont change all electrical systems you have problems

What you are thinking is a good idea but honestly you could just change your battery more often and accomplish the same thing. only other option would be wire in a junction box and be able to switch batteries manually before each ride. If you are worried about starting, see if you can find a high torque starter, or get one built at your local shop.

ahh yes there is a product that does just this. It's very expensive though. I can't think of their name off the top of my head but I do have their catalog at home. It's a nice product but it's really for drag racers. It's size is something like 9" x 5" x 3" or so... it's not really compact. Also if I remember it costs about 500.00.

If you want I an dig up their name... let me know. I just use my tender... remote plug in at night after I'm done riding...

Back