Dry NOS Kit

race.gif
I am about to add a 40hp shot dry nitrous kit to my 99 Busa, and I was wondering how much of an advantage I will have over other Busa's that dont have this mod. My other mods include a Yosh RS3 Duplex, Two intake cams with yosh cam sprockets, PC3 USB, BMC air filter, and a modified airbox. I also went from a 40 to a 43 on the rear sprocket which I think I am going back to the 40 tooth. Any input will be appreciated.
race.gif

race.gif

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
(BusaRyder3 @ Sep. 12 2006,18:23)
race.gif
I  am about to add a 40hp shot dry nitrous kit to my 99 Busa, and I was wondering how much of an advantage I will have over other Busa's  that dont have this mod. My other mods include a Yosh RS3 Duplex, Two intake cams with yosh cam sprockets, PC3 USB, BMC air filter, and a modified airbox. I also went from a 40 to a 43 on the rear sprocket which I think I am going back to the 40 tooth. Any input will be appreciated.
race.gif
nitrous will give you a huge advantage,and for you in particular,in general nitrous motors need a lot of exhaust to work efficiantly,so your intake cam on the exhaust should be a help

race.gif

The 40 shot will give you a fairly decent edge over a few.. And try going back to 40 tooth rear and down one up front.. I liked that setup best for better launches...

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
use a top quality chain,and big sprockets,for best chain life

when i swapped my zvx for my zzz,i went to 18/43 (street) after 10 or 12 lb's of juice,allmost no adjustment

then i had the bright idea to shorten up the w/b 5/8's of an inch (mcintosh + 1.75'' arm) bad move on my part,so i put the 17-40 sprockets back on to get my w/b back,and every bottle (2 lb) it needs a very minor adjustment,i am under 160 without gear

IM000764_edited.jpg

my new mcintosh arm, + 2.25'' with 2'' adjustment, billet ends,shold be here next week,new zzz and 18-44 to start

sully

Donating Member
Registered
NOS is fun, don't get anything smaller than a 2lb bottle, my 1lb doesn't last long enough. You will pull away from most any bike on the road just keep it all hidden and noone will be the wiser.

Yes, I am a newb...but I have always wondered what the proper way of using NOS is? Do you wait till your topped out? Can you use it from launch? Shifting gears while using NOS?

On a related note, does anyone know of an inexpensive turbo kit for a busa? I am not looking for a land speed record here (well, maybe I am), but I would like to bump hp up to around 200 at the crank.

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
(Keefer @ Sep. 25 2006,06:31) Yes, I am a newb...but I have always wondered what the proper way of using NOS is?  Do you wait till your topped out?  Can you use it from launch?  Shifting gears while using NOS?

On a related note, does anyone know of an inexpensive turbo kit for a busa?  I am not looking for a land speed record here (well, maybe I am), but I would like to bump hp up to around 200 at the crank.
how and when the n2o is activated is very much dependent on the bike setup

a long low dragbike could activate in first gear off a wot switch

a stock wheel base,stock ride hight,street bike with a moderate shot,isn't spraing until 3rd

these are the 2 extreemes,basicly the longer and lower you are,the earlier you can start spraying

i use a co2 shifter when on the gas,so there is no letting off when i shift

kind of refreshing to see someone with moderate goals,everyone allways wants the biggest,the most etc

i can't be of much help in the turbo selection area

but getting 200 hp at rear wheel (assuming that is what you ment) on nitrous would not be very hard

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarpe