dry nitrous setup questions

Dirtanion1

Registered
Hi guys, ive been reading this site for years but have never posted anything. Almost everything i have ever done to my bike was learned from the posts I have read. Anyways. I have a cold fusion nitrous kit i bought off ebay. Its has been installed for over a year now and i have only tried it maybe ten times. I wasnt very impressed, it didnt have the kick i thought it would. I felt it but barely . The kit is all "stock" except for a wot switch. I have the lines going to a T fitting then the 2 plastic lines goes to each intake tube on the front of the airbox. the kit only came with a 18 inch steel line which i run from the bottle to the solinoid, the rest is that small plastic line. The outputs are not the normal looking foggers - they are just fittings that you can change jets in- i have always run the biggest ones 2 X #23's- the kit says this is a 50 shot. I have the bike all torn apart right now and though it would be a good time to address the nos problem.

Where would you guys suggest i put the 2 "foggers" ? I have been looking into the spray bars but cant afford one for a while ( just bought a house and winter was pretty slow at work- money is pretty slim for the next few months).

I had a dyno tune done a week before I put the kit on. I called the guy who tuned my bike to see how much to do another map for nos. The guy wanted to charge me another $500 and was a **** over the phone. I just added %15 fuel from 7000 up to my other map for use with nos- not sure if this is ok or not? Is there maps I can buy without having to retune on a dyno.?

Any other suggestion on the setup would be great.

Thanks a lot
Dirtanion1

If it were me I would replace the plastic line with s/s hard line. I mounted a nozzle in each ram air tube on the airbox. Get a longer steel braided line and put the solenoid closer to the nozzles, it will hit harder. 2 23 jets is about a 40 shot, probably a little less. You should be okay with adding fuel from 7k up at 100% throttle, but a dyno tune is always best. Maybe someone could send you a map that would be close. What is your motor/filter/pipe setup?

Stock motor, small airbox mod, r-22 slipons, switchable tre- home made- but never use it anyways, pair removal, pc3- with custom tune- not sure if its that good though, k+n air filter, i live at 3500ft above sea level very low humidity most of the time ( calgary alberta)

Thanks for such a quick reply:beerchug:
Dirtanion1

I think that going into your custom map, saving it and then modifying it as you suggested is your best bet.

I was thinking that also, how much fuel should i add and what rpms tp. has anyone installed the nozzles at the bottom of the box where the vacuum valve used to be. these nozzles dont shoot sideways like a fogger they shoot straight out.

Click here for a link to Schnitz racing's technical corner, scroll down and you will see what they recommend for different jet sizes. If you are gonna use the spot where the flapper valve was you may as well buy a spray bar. There are several knowledgeable folks that will post up about your set up I'm sure.

Your map should be determined by your riding style. Where in the rpm range do you use the spray? Only from what ever your starting rpm is, and only at 100% tp, since you are using a WOT switch.

Does anybody know how to use this chart schnitz when you are using 2 #23 jets. does 2 #23's add up to a #46 with around 23% fuel increase or or do i just add 16% fuel ( double the #22 fuel increase). I know i should get a spray bar but cant afford it right now. I could mount the nozzles in the flapper valve spot for free, until I can get a spray bar.

16% should be enough. You don't add them, just double the suggested amount. If you have time call Schnitz tomorrow and ask. Very knowledgeable and helpful folk.:thumbsup:

Back