Drug Testing Welfare Recipients. Agree?

Sure. I was informed that some people thought I might be drinking alcohol during my lunch break so I just offered to do a random drug test any time. No problem as long as I get to pick the test site and I don't have to pay for it.

Why the heck would I leave work to drink? I'd just do it right here if I was going to do it.

If I can do it, anyone who gets services can do it. I don't begrudge welfare to everyone. A lot of people need it but if you can't stop smoking pot long enough pass a damned test, you don't need any freebies.

Some of you dudes sound dumb and ignorant as hell. Get off your high horse. Although some people abuse the system, some really need help. An education nor numerous applications always equate to a good job or a job at all. Everyone who gets welfare doesnt do drugs. I'm here for it.

Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.
Deuteronomy 15:11
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’
1 John 3:17
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Don’t think anyone here doesn’t want to help those who need it. But what is really needed.

I don’t know anyone that is on welfare. But one time I worked at a gas station as a second job. And I saw people come in all the time and buy energy drinks, chips, and candy using food stamps. Then pull out cash for their carton of cigarettes and lotto tickets. As a tax payer this is not the help I want to provid just like many here.

Some of you dudes sound dumb and ignorant as hell. Get off your high horse. Although some people abuse the system, some really need help. An education nor numerous applications always equate to a good job or a job at all. Everyone who gets welfare doesnt do drugs. I'm here for it.

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Bringing religion into welfare doesn't support your case. There is no high horse IMO. You want welfare you better be working two jobs to make ends meet and the welfare helps put food on your table. Be real when you quote the bible people want hand outs, always have always will.

Bringing religion into welfare doesn't support your case. There is no high horse IMO. You want welfare you better be working two jobs to make ends meet and the welfare helps put food on your table. Be real when you quote the bible people want hand outs, always have always will.
Its amazing how people turn religion on and off depending on what they want to do. The bible says.. - let's not bring religion into this? It's amazing how some peoples can just turn their moral compass on and off like a light switch.

It's not even Sunday...

Be real?? Check this out...Fact is you dont know me as I dont really know any of you. However if you knew me you'd know I dont bring religion into anything. I'm bringing myself into an open discussion and I'm an SOG (Soldier of God) everyday with all my flaws and all. This is who I am homez. Who I've been or try to be for a long while now through everything and everywhere...good, bad and ugly.
I have a relationship with God, the scriptures are my foundation and I feel it has an answer for mostly everything.
If you read and understood my comment you'd see that I said ALTHOUGH SOME PEOPLE ABUSE THE SYSTEM...SOME REALLY NEED IT. Do I support those that abuse the system...NOT AT ALL. But if someone genuinely needs help...Why not help them...with stipulations of course. It's about discernment. Clowning people less fortunate or making assumptions...like they all use drugs does what for who? What does that say about the ones who are saying or doing that? That part

Its amazing how people turn religion on and off depending on what they want to do. The bible says.. - let's not bring religion into this? It's amazing how some peoples can just turn their moral compass on and off like a light switch.
Do you know me?? What U wanna know?
And the bible says what about not bringing what into what? Lol. I have to keep my "moral compass" on at all times because if I left it up to me I'd be reckless. But shouldn't we all do that. Does God stop being God when I'm on my Busa or better yet when I'm talking about welfare? It's funny...maybe even telling that people get uptight when you bring God into the equation. Meanwhile we chop it up and any and everything else...welfare, boxing, women, politics, education, cars, jobs etc etc ALL ON A HAYABUSA SITE. Say God and uproar. Lol.

Many people (myself included) are uncomfortable discussing religion. Theological discussions have their place but maybe not here.

I don't know you and you don't know me and I don't know what faith others follow in this forum and if discussions such as this might isolate them and drive them away.

Political views are new to me as well (two things I used to never discuss were religion and politics as both started each and every war we have ever fought).

the drug testing starts with the premiss that all who receive welfare are guilty of using drugs.
Then you must prove you are not.
I find that a sad belief to have. Nor do I think the premiss is accurate
I believe the cost of testing would far outweigh any potential savings in welfare in administration cost alone

Back